When you think of 1980's fashion trends, you might cringe as visions of shoulder pads and pegged jeans flash before your eyes, but the fact remains, the '80s are cool again, and a lot of those trends have come back with a modern flare. Here are the 80's trends that are all the rage again:
- Chunky Heels: By the late '90s spindly stilettos made our chunky heels seem passé. But the comfy alternative has returned. Pair your block heels with skinny jeans or cropped pants to keep your silhouette from looking too clunky.
- Jumpsuits: Not everyone is excited about this one, but the jumpsuit today is much subtler and slimming than the jumpsuit in decades past. You can even pair it with a blazer for a sophisticated look.
- Shiny Fabrics: Metallics are back, but the silhouette has changed. Shiny is subtle and never skin tight like the disco trend of the '70s and '80s.
- White Heels: This former fashion no-no looks best when worn with solid shades for a head-to-toe color-blocked outfit.
- Shoulder Pads: Believe it or not ... they're baaack! At least this time around they are much more subtle and not quite as triangular and sharp-shaped (Glo)