Today, April 10th
- Charlie Hunnam (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Pacific Rim,” “Green Street,” “Queer as Folk”) – 34
- Orlando Jones (7-UP spokesman for 1999-2002, original cast member of “MadTV,” FOX TV’s “Sleepy Hollow”) – 46
- Chyler Leigh (“Not Another Teen Mother,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) – 32
- Peter MacNicol ("Ally McBeal," “Numb3rs”) – 60
- Haley Joel Osment ("The Sixth Sense," “Pay It Forward,” “AI”) (FAST FACTS: He won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in “The Sixth Sense” – he was discovered in a local IKEA by a talent scout at the age of four, and afterwards auditioned for commercials) – 26
- Alex Pettyfer (“I Am Number Four,” “Stormbreaker”) – 24
- Michael Pitt (“Dawson’s Creek,” “The Dreamers,” “Hannibal”) – 33
- Steven Seagal (“Above the Law,” “Pistol Whipped,” “Attack Force,” “Black Dawn,” “Today You Die,” “Machete”) – 62
- Omar Sharif (“Lawrence of Arabia,” “Doctor Zhivago,” “Funny Girl”) (FAST FACT: Sharif's Egyptian citizenship was almost withdrawn by the Egyptian Government when his 1968 affair with Barbra Streisand was made public in the Egyptian press due to Streisand's vocal support of Israel – they had met on the set of “Funny Girl”) – 82
- Max von Sydow (“Exorcist,” “Dune,” “Extreme Loud, Incredibly Close”) – 85
- The late Chuck Connors (“The Rifleman”) (1921 – 1992)…he would have been 93
- The late Harry Morgan (“Dragnet,” “M*A*S*H”) (1915 – 2011)…he would have been 99
- Laura Bell Bundy – 33
- Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds – 55
- Mandy Moore – 30
- Brian Setzer – 55
- Sportscasters John Madden – 78
- TV personality Vladimir Posner – 80
- The late Salvation Army founder William Booth (1829 – 1912)
- The late explorer Jim Bowie (FAST FACT: He helped Texas to gain its independence – helped to defend the Alamo alongside Davy Crockett – the Bowie knife was named after him) (1796 – 1836)
- The late hard taco shell inventor Joe Valdez Caballero (1908 – 1989)
- The late publisher Joseph Pulitzer (FAST FACTS: Competitor of William Randolph Hearst who created the esteemed journalism prize) (1847 – 1911)
FRANCE CAN'T HOLD DOWN KIM AND KANYE
Just in case you were wondering, the Kim Kardashian-Kanye West Paris wedding is moving on schedule. Despite the fact that The Daily Mailreported that there was a crisis to their plans, a source in her camp told E! Online that everything’s on point.
According to the French Embassy, “All marriages must be performed by a French civil authority before any religious ceremony takes place. The mayor can authorize the deputy mayor or a city councilor to perform the ceremony in the town in which one of the parties to be married has resided for at least 40 days preceding the marriage. These requirements can not be waived.”
So what does that mean for Kim and Kanye? They can hold their ceremony there, but they won’t be able to actually get a marriage license there until they complete the requirements of the law. And now you know.
AMANDA BYNES IS NOT SCHIZOPHRENIC
If you thought Amanda Bynes was schizophrenic, think again. According to People, the former child star wants to set the record straight on exactly what’s wrong with her. Her attorney, Tamar Arminak, said that Amanda has never been diagnosed with the mental disorder.
Furthermore, Bynes – who’s currently attending the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Orange County, California – isn’t on any medication. In fact, a source said that she’s committed to healthy living and has been marijuana-free for the last nine months. She’s also never had a history of drinking or doing hard drugs.
While no one’s talking about what exactly sent Amanda over the edge, the insider said that she’s making strides in treatment. The person added, “She continues to undergo outpatient therapy several times a week. She's still working through the causes of her past bizarre behavior.”
MICKEY ROONEY DRAMA
Now that Mickey Rooney has gone on to Glory, we’re finding out that everything wasn’t as wonderful as we thought. For instance, People is saying that the 93-year-old only left behind an $18-thousand dollar estate. And he didn’t even leave that to his last wife or his children.
Rooney – who died of natural causes on Sunday – had disinherited his eight wife, Jan, and his kids Michael, Mickey Jr., Teddy, Jonelle,Jimmy, Kimmy, Kerry, and Kelly Ann in his will. Mickey’s stepson, Mark, ended up with everything.
As if that weren’t enough, there’s also a battle going on between Jan and Michael Augustine – Rooney’s trustee – over who has control of his remains. In papers filed yesterday, Michael asked for a court order to keep Jan from having any say over Rooney’s funeral. Augustine says that Jan and Mickey had been separated since 2012. The settlement agreement they had gave Jan Mickey’s Social Security checks and retirement funds.
A hearing is set for Friday to determine funeral and burial decision-making power. Stay tuned…
SELENA GOMEZ STOPS BY THE SAY HI TO THE BIEBS
Selena Gomez, stay far away! Photos and some paparazzi video have surfaced of the singer leaving the Miami recording studio maybe-not-so-ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber has been recording in all week. According to "The New York Daily News," Gomez went straight to the studio when she landed in Florida.
There's no word on whether Gomez was there as just a visitor or to do some singing, but we do know Biebz's "protege" Madison Beer was in the studio, too. Bieber posted a picture with 15-year-old Beer, but it was Madison's mom who snapped a pic of her daughter with Gomez. "And now this beauty comes to visit," she captioned the Instagram of her daughter sitting in Selena Gomez's lap.
LORDE IS BILLBOARD ROYALTY
Is there anything Lorde can't do? The 17-year-old singer can now boast the most 2014 Billboard Music Award nominations with a whopping 12.
The "Royals" singer is up for Top Hot 100 Song, Top Hot 100 Artist, Top New Artist, Top Female Artist, Top Digital Song, Top Digital Songs Artist, Top Radio Song, Top Radio Songs Artist, Top Rock Artist, Top Rock Album, Top Rock Song and Top Streaming Song.
Katy Perry, who's major competition for the New Zealand singer, is hot on her tails with 11 noms, along with Justin Timberlake and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. The show will air on ABC on May 18th. Check out the full list of nominees here.
KATY PERRY GETS POLITICAL
Katy Perry is getting political these days. She attended a campaign event for Marianne Williamson, who’s running for Congress in California’s 33rd district on Tuesday. Williamson – who’s also a best-selling spiritual and self-help author – is running as a Democrat to replace the retiredHenry Waxman.
Perry wasn’t the only A-lister in attendance. Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, and Nicole Richie were also on-hand. After the festivities were over, Katy headed over to the Chateau Marmont to hang out with her buddies, Kate Hudson and Victoria Beckham.
ED SHEERAN TALKS "MULTIPLY"
Ed Sheeran has kept his upcoming album under wraps for months. Now that it’s almost time for it to hit stores, he’s talking about it. He revealed the tracklisting for “Multiply” by posting a picture of a handwritten note on Instagram. Here it is:
- "The Man"
- "Thinking Out Loud"
- "Afire Love"
Ed is also talking about the inspiration behind some of the songs. For instance, the song “Don’t” is about a real-life situation involving a girl he used to date. Apparently the woman cheated on him with one of his friends who was staying in the same hotel room. Even though he won’t name names, “The Mirror” seems to think that it’s Ellie Goulding as the two had a brief affair last year (so do we). Either way, you’ll be able to speculate yourself when “Multiply” hits stores in June 23rd.
TAYLOR SWIFT IS SINGLE AGAIN
Looks like Taylor Swift is single again after her latest Mr. Wonderful suddenly wasn’t. According to the US edition of OK! Magazine, little Ms. Swift was getting hot and heavy with Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel behind closed doors. The two met at a tech-industry holiday party in December.
Swift believed that the billionaire was the right one for her because he’s highly successful in his own right, and she felt like he didn’t want her for her money. Spiegel also didn’t spend much time in the public eye, which was appealing for Taylor.
Unfortunately, the love thang unraveled because Taylor felt like she wasn’t a priority in Evan’s life. An insider said, “Evan is a confident, successful businessman who wasn’t about to put up with Taylor’s neediness.”
AMERICAN IDOL RECAP
It was all about the 80s on last night’s edition of “American Idol.” Not only did the elite eight sing songs from the era for competition, they also did duets. As an added bonus, former “Idol” winner David Cook came back to offer advice and coaching to the singers. Here’s a rundown…
- Jena Irene started off the night with Joan Jett’s “I Love Rock-N-Roll.” She started it off on the piano and then rocked out after the first verse. It was interesting take on the classic, and judge Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr., and Keith Urban liked it.
- Next up was country powerhouse Dexter Roberts. He took on “Keep Your Hands to Yourself” by the Georgia Satellites. Even though I’ve heard him do better, the judges loved it.
- Malaya Watson – who wasn’t a twinkle in her father’s eye in the 80s – sang “Through the Fire” from Chaka Khan. She’s such a great singer that while this wasn’t her best performance, she still killed it. The judges wanted her to relax into it because they could tell that she was anticipating the big notes
- Blondie’s “Call Me” was Jessica Meuse’s choice. She started off a bit stiff, but managed to loosen up enough to give a solid performance.
- After getting the only “save” of the season, Sam Woolf felt like he had something to prove. He tried his best to do just that with his take onCyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time.” As usual, he sounded good.
- Alex Preston took The Police’s stalker anthem, “Every Breath You Take,” and made it into an acoustic treat. The judges dug it, but they thought he could’ve taken more liberties with the tempo and phrasing.
- CJ Harris chose “Freefalling” by Tom Petty. Even though we know the vocals are there, his singing hasn’t really been up to par these last few weeks. The judges love the way he relays emotion. While that’s great, “Idol” is a singing competition. Just saying…
- The last performance of the evening belonged to Caleb Johnson. In deference to Harry’s request that he do something softer, he did “Faithfully” by Journey. He did a great job with it, and it wasn’t even his best performance. The judges loved it, though.
We’ll find out who goes home tonight on “American Idol” at 9pm ET/PT on Fox.
GRAB A KRUSTY BURGER AND GET COMFY
Missed the last seasons of "The Simpsons"? Get ready for the ultimate binge watch. The iconic TV show is making the move to syndication on FXX and the network is planning on celebrating in style.
According to "Variety," a marathon of all the 522 episodes of "The Simpsons" is in the works...and it'll last 12 days. As said Jon Landgraf, chief executive of FX Networks put it: “It will be the longest continuous marathon in the history of television."
That's not all fans of the famous family can look forward too. A new app is expected to debut in coming weeks that will allow viewers to watch the show on their mobile device. "The Simpsons" may be over 20-years-old, but that doesn't mean it isn't still worth a pretty penny. The site is reporting the sale of the series to FXX was valued at more than $750-million over the life of the deal. The massive celebration is scheduled for sometime in August, so you have some time to stop at the Kwik-E-Mart for some snacks first.
SHARK TANK (ABC) Barbara and Lori team up against Robert, Mark and Kevin over an enticing product.
GREY’S ANATOMY (ABC) Cristina won't let herself get excited when she is nominated for a Harper Avery award.
SCANDAL (ABC) The team must spring into action following a security breach; Fitz's campaign stalls.
THE BIG BANG THEORY (CBS) Sheldon has a personal crisis when he decides string theory is a waste of his time.
THE MILLERS (CBS) Nathan tries to hide his relationship with his mother's dentist; Tom wakes up with gum in his hair.
TWO AND A HALF MEN (CBS) Walden reconnects with Kate and becomes convinced she is the one for him -- until he meets Vivian.
THE CRAZY ONES (CBS) Gordon and his partner break up, causing Simon to become disillusioned with love.
ELEMENTARY (CBS) When anthrax kills a pickpocket, Holmes and Watson must track the toxin's source.
COMMUNITY (NBC) S.ubway plans to purchase the Greendale campus and establish a Subway University in its place. Meanwhile, Jeff considers an employment offer from Subway.
PARKS & RECREATION (NBC) While the flu ravages Pawnee, Andy and Leslie must book performers for the concert; Tom looks for a sommelier for his restaurant; Ben turns to Ron for help with a personal problem.
HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT (NBC) The celebrity players are Sean Hayes, Allison Janney, Don Cheadle, Christina Applegate, Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde.
PARENTHOOD (NBC) Crosby asks Joel for help dealing with a housing problem; Julia talks to Sarah about her situation; Kristina fights for the charter school while dealing with upsetting news; and Hank helps Amber cope with an issue.
HELLS KITCHEN (FOX) The 16 remaining chefs are challenged to match side dishes with four different types of protein. The winners earn a trip to Laguna Beach, while the losers prepare honey taffy from scratch.
AMERICAN IDOL (FOX) One finalist is eliminated in a results edition.
SURVIVING JACK (FOX) Frankie works up the courage to ask out his crush, only to be disappointed to find that she already has a date for the homecoming dance; at the same time, Jack forces Rachel to drive George to school as a punishment.
VAMPIRE DIARIES (CW) repeat. As Damon's behavior escalates from destructive to deadly, Stefan begins to regret their last conversation and decides to track Damon down and intervene.
REIGN (CW) Mary uncovers her marriage contract's secret clause, which was added by Catherine and her mother, so she and Francis attempt to persuade the people of Scotland to renounce her mother.
BEYOND SCARED STRAIGHT (A&E) Two brothers and a sister on a rampage of crime and violence are separated in an Oklahoma jail.
THE MILLIONAIRE MATCHMAKER (BRAVO) An egotistical socialite; an astronomy-loving former Air Force Captain.
MILLION DOLLAR LISTING: NEW YORK (BRAVO) repeat.Ryan takes on another, less attractive apartment; Luis tries to get Todd into shape.
FNA USA (CMT) A countdown of why America is the best country on the planet.
REVIEW (COM) Critic Forrest MacNeil reviews real-life experiences that include road rage and going to an orgy.
MY STRANGE ADDICTION (DFH) For the past 20 years, 31-year-old Nicole has been addicted to Pony Play, a form of costumed role play. Meanwhile, 43-year-old single mother of two Heather has been addicted to drinking paint for nearly three years.
VIKINGS (HIST) Ragnar and King Horik clash over how to punish Jarl Borg. Meanwhile, Ecbert eyes a new alliance.
PROJECT RUNWAY: UNDER THE GUNN (LIFE) The designers must create their collections in only three days; the winners are chosen.
THE CHALLENGE: FREE AGENTS (MTV) Competitors arrive in South America to find they are playing individual games.
MY BIG FAT AMERICAN GYPSY WEDDING (TLC) Two sisters plan their double gypsy wedding; a dream of becoming America's first gypsy rapper.
THE FABULOUS LIFE OF… (VH1) Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's lavish lifestyle is charted.
JIMMY KIMMEL (ABC) Scheduled: Seth MacFarlane; actor Paul Bettany; Sam Smith performs.
DAVID LETTERMAN (CBS) repeat. Zach Braff; Sgt. Brendan Marrocco and Dr. Andrew Lee. A performance from Future Islands.
CRAIG FERGUSON (CBS) Scheduled: Morgan Freeman; comic Adam Ray.
TONIGHT SHOW/JIMMY FALLON (NBC) Scheduled: Kevin Costner; Danica McKellar; Alan Cumming performs; Philip Bailey performs with The Roots.
LATE NIGHT/SETH MEYERS (NBC) Scheduled: Edie Falco; actor Marlon Wayans; comic Nikki Glaser.
THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART (COM) Scheduled: Jennifer Garner, talking about her new movie, “Draft Day.”
THE COLBERT REPORT (COM) Scheduled:Sting and his wife, Trudie Styler ("The Last Ship").
CHELSEA LATELY (E!) Scheduled: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is interviewed.
LAST CALL WITH CARSON DALY (NBC) Scheduled: Brian Unger and Zane Lamprey; The Crystal Method performs; musical group Milagres.