Today, April 16th
- Ellen Barkin (“The Big Easy,” “Sea of Love,” “Ocean’s Thirteen”) – 60
- Peter Billingsley (“A Christmas Story,” “Paternity” – 43
- Jon Cryer (“Pretty in Pink,” “Two and A Half Men”) – 49
- Lukas Haas (“Testament,” “Witness,” “The Ryan White Story”) – 37
- Martin Lawrence (“Martin,” “Bad Boys,” “Big Momma's House”) – 49
- David Lyons (“East, Pray, Love,” “Revolution”) – 38
- Billy West (Voice actor who has notable roles as the voice of Stimpy from Ren & Stimpy, Roger Klotz on Doug, Elmer Fudd, Popeye, and Woody Woodpecker) – 62
- The late Sir Charlie Chaplin (FAST FACTS: Comedic silent film icon who gained world fame for portraying his character, The Tramp, and starred in “The Great Dictator” and “Modern Times.” His career lasted more than 75 years) (1889 – 1977)
- The late Barry Nelson (He played James Bond in the 1954 film, “Casino Royale”) (1917 – 2007)…he would have been 97
- The late Peter Ustinov (“The Sundowners,” “Agatha Christie Mysteries”) (1921 – 2004)…he would have been 93
- Akon – 41
- Chance – 21
- Bobby Vinton – 79
- The late Gerry Rafferty (1947 – 2011)…he would have been 67
- The late Dusty Springfield (1939 – 1999)…she would have been 75
- The late Selena Quintanilla (1971 – 1995)…she would have been 43
- Legendary New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick – 62
- Basketball great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (FAST FACTS: He is a 6-time NBA Champion, 6-time NBA MVP and 19-time All-Star) – 67
- Pope Benedict XVI (the 16th) (FAST FACTS: Born Joseph Ratzinger, he became the 265th pope on April 19, 2005. His papacy ended onFebruary 28th 2013 – he was the first pope in nearly 600 years to resign. He is now known as Pope Emeritus)
- Model Alex Wek – 37
- The late composer Henry Mancini (FAST FACTS: He wrote many legendary film and TV scores, including "Moon River" and the theme of "The Pink Panther" film series. Winning 20 Grammy Awards and nominated for 72 throughout his lifetime, he wrote the scores for "The Thorn Birds," "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Days of Wine and Roses," and the themes for "Peter Gunn," "Newhart," "Hotel," and "Remington Steel," just to name a few. He was given the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award posthumously in 1995. (1924 – 1994)…he would have been 90
- The late inventor/aviator Wilbur Wright (FAST FACT: Co-inventor and co-pilot of the first successful airplane, which he called a "flying machine." He and Orville's planes were later used in WWI and set the stage for modern aviation) (1867 – 1912)
MILEY CYRUS IS TOO SICK TO PERFORM
Sorry, Kansas City! Miley Cyrus got sick last night and couldn’t perform there last night. According E! Online, America’s Favorite Twerker had to cancel her show at the Sprint Center because she had “an absolutely horrible reaction” to medication.
While we’re not sure how Miley’s doing now, she tweeted an apology to her fans. She said, “Kansas I promise I’m as [heartbroken] as you are. I wanted so badly to be there tonight. Not being with y’all makes me feel [worse] than I already do.”
At this point, no one’s said whether the concert will be made up at a later date. Ticketholders can get their money back where they bought them. For those who bought their tickets online or on the phone will get automatic refunds.
ALAN THICKE SPEAKS!
We haven’t really heard much about Robin Thicke and Paula Patton lately. And if you think any of that will play out on Alan Thicke’s new reality show, think again. The elder Thicke told E! Online that while his son is definitely an important part of his family – whom he doesn’t mind exploiting – Robin’s personal life won’t be played out on “Unusually Thicke.” Alan said, “You’ll see a couple of appearances, cameos by Robin checking up on me.”
When asked about Paula and Robin possibly reconciling, Alan said “I hope whatever they decide to do will make them both happy. That’s the key thing. You want your kids to be happy. They’re strong, smart and talented people and they’ll make great decisions.”
Meanwhile, “Unusually Thicke” premieres tonight on TVGN.
DINA LOHAN IS GUILTY
It looks like the whole Lohan clan is fessing up to their past mistakes. Dina Lohan, LiLo's mom, has pled guilty to aggravated DWI and speeding in a Long Island, New York courtroom, according to TMZ.
Lohan was busted last September with a blood alcohol level of over twice the legal limit and a really great mugshot. In payment, she must do 100 hours of community service. That's not all, though.
The site is reporting it's expected she'll get her license revoked, have an interlock device installed in her car, and she must attend a drinking and driving program, a victim impact panel, and pay fines and fees.
BEYONCE AND JAY-Z TO TOUR TOGETHER?
If the New York Post is to be believed, Beyoncé and Jay-Z may be hitting the road soon. Sources say that they’re about to announce a 20-city tour where they’ll both headline this summer. And if all goes according to plan, they could play a July 4th date in New York City.
In other Carter family news, it looks like Jay’s plan to bring his annual “Made in America” music fest to Los Angeles is going to work out. We told you recently that a city councilmember was trying to block the event because possible street closures for the festival would affect local residents. But since Jay-Z is set to join Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Budweiser officials and other local leaders for a news conference in downtown Los Angeles today, it looks like it’s on.
LADY GAGA TO PERFORM IN SOUTH KOREA
Lady Gaga is bringing her "ARTPOP" to K-pop - she's is set to headline the "AIA Real Life: Now" music festival in South Korea this summer, joining some of the most well-known names in country's emerging pop music scene.
The Mother Monster will take over Day 2 of the festival in Seoul on August 16th. The appearance will follow the North American leg of her "ARTPOP Ball" tour, which kicks off in early May and will also feature K-pop group Crayon Pop as an opening act. The first day of the festival will be headlined by another artist familiar to American audiences - "Gangnam Style" YouTube sensation Psy.
The last time Gaga visited South Korea in 2012, her concert was banned by the government for those under 18. A state spokesperson has told "Agence France-Presse" that it is "too early" to say if the August performance will be affected as well.
PAUL WALKER'S BROTHERS TO FILL IN?
When Paul Walker died unexpectedly, there were major questions about the future of the "Fast and the Furious" franchise, but producers have found a way to fill in any gaps left in the seventh installment, and it involves the late actors two brothers, Caleb and Cody Walker.
"Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for Fast & Furious 7, and it's among the strongest work of his career," a post on the movie's Facebook reads. "We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul's brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our Fast family. Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production. Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too."
The message goes on to call the upcoming seventh movie "the most important we've ever done together. It will allow the character of Brian O'Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role." "Fast & Furious 7" is scheduled to hit theaters on April 15th, 2015. You can check out a picture of the brothers here and read the entire statement below:
THE VOICE RECAP
The playoffs wrapped up on last night’s edition of “The Voice.” It was all about Team Usher. After hearing from TJ Wilkins, Melissa “MJ” Jimenez, Bria Kelly, Stevie Jo, and Josh Kaufman, Usher had to make a decision. He ended up sending TJ, Bria, and Josh to the playoffs – which meant that Melissa and Stevie Jo had to go home.
Here’s a look at the singers who’ll be competing against Usher’s people in the live rounds next week:
- Team Blake Shelton: Sisaundra Lewis, Audra McLaughlin, and Jake Worthington
- Team Shakira: Tess Boyer, Kristen Merlin, and Dani Moz
- Team Adam Levine: Delvin Choice, Christina Grimmie, and Kat Perkins
We’ll see how it falls out on next week’s edition of “The Voice.”
THE MIDDLE (ABC) repeat.Brick makes it hard for Mike to relax during the vacation he was forced to take.
SUBURGATORY (ABC) repeat.George is stunned by how much a court-mandated anger management program changes Noah.
MODERN FAMILY (ABC) repeat.Cam is extremely focused – and ruthless – as a big football game approaches.
MIXOLOGY (ABC) Jessica regrets having sent Ron a naked picture; Bruce meets a woman who is into redheads.
NASHVILLE (ABC) repeat.Rayna and Juliette each have their own plan on how to announce Juliette's deal with Highway 65.
SURVIVOR (CBS) Paranoia could end up changing the game; exhausted castaways struggle with a memory challenge.
CRIMINAL MINDS (CBS) A series of strangulations leads the team to look for a killer who keeps mementos of his victims.
CSI (CBS) Contestants on a cooking show accidentally eat human flesh during the competition.
LAW & ORDER: SVU (NBC) repeat.In back-to-back episodes, a 4-year-old student makes claims of sexual abuse against a singing coach and TV personality. Plus: When an underage runaway is found beaten and raped, the SVU team works with a federal prosecutor.
CHICAGO PD (NBC) Voight's son may be involved with a murder case, intensifying tension between Antonio and Voight.
AMERICAN IDOL (FOX) The finalists perform songs selected by their competitors.
ARROW (CW) An epic battle ensues when the team find Slade waiting for them in the lair.
THE 100 (CW) Clarke and Finn's new romance is threatened; Kane plan is exposed.
DUCK DYNASTY (A&E) repeat. Uncle Si records a day in his life; Willie, John Luke and Sadie conduct an impromptu tailgate.
MILLION DOLLAR LISTING (BRAVO) Fredrik faces more roadblocks; Luis has an incredible opportunity.
FLIPPING OUT (BRAVO) Megan steps in as Jeff's executive assistant; a client refuses to raise the budget.
WORKAHOLICS (COM) The guys celebrate their common law marriage.
WORST THING I EVER…(E!) Pitiful style choices, fashion failures, everyday mistakes and red carpet disasters of Hollywood
PREACHERS’ DAUGHTERS (LIFE) Megan ignores a punishment to go on a date; Teryn answers Chad's proposal.
TEEN MOM 2 (MTV) Highlights from the season.
WOMEN OF HOMICIDE (TLC) A drug deal leaves one man dead and another paralyzed; a business owner murdered outside his home.
JIMMY KIMMEL (ABC) repeat Emma Stone; actor Jeff Perry; Schoolboy Q performs.
DAVID LETTERMAN (CBS) repeat. Sylvester Stallone; actor Theo James; Ledisi performs.
CRAIG FERGUSON (CBS) Scheduled: Actor Kunal Nayyar; comic Tom Segura.
TONIGHT SHOW/JIMMY FALLON (NBC) repeat. Bradley Cooper; Tim McGraw performs.
LATE NIGHT/SETH MEYERS (NBC) repeat. Anderson Cooper; models Alessandra Ambrosio and Behati Prinsloo; Iggy Azalea performs.
THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART (COM) repeat. Actor Denis Leary.
COLBERT REPORT (COM) repeat. Author Mark Mazzetti.
CHELSEA LATELY (E!) Scheduled: Comic Bobby Lee; comic Whitney Cummings; comic Julian McCullough; singer Ellie Goulding.
LAST CALL/CARSON DALY (NBC) repeat. Filmmaker Jehane Noujaim; band Into It. Over It.; Two Door Cinema Club performs