Today, June 10th
- Jonathan Bennett (“Mean Girls”) – 33
- Frankie Faison (“Silence of the Lambs,” “Hannibal,” “Red Dragon,” HBO’s “The Wire”) – 65
- Kate Flannery (Plays Meredith on NBC’s “The Office”) – 50
- Gina Gershon (“Showgirls” “Five Minarets in New York” “Killer Joe” “PS I Love You”) – 52
- Carolyn Hennesy (“General Hospital,” “Cougar Town,” “True Blood,”) – 52
- Elizabeth Hurley (“Austin Powers”) – 49
- DJ Qualls (“The Big Bang Theory” “Supernatural” “Memphis Beat”) – 36
- Leelee Sobieski (“Jungle 2 Jungle” “Deep Impact” “Joan of Arc” “Eyes Wide Shut”) – 31
- Jeanne Tripplehorn (“Basic Instinct” “Big Love”) – 51
- Shane West ("A Walk to Remember") – 36
- The late Judy Garland (1922-1969) …she would have been 92
- The late Hattie McDaniel (Played Mammy in “Gone with the Wind.”) (FAST FACT: She was the first African American to win an academy award, but couldn’t attend the films premiere or sit with her colleagues at the academy awards because of segregation laws.) (1895-1952)
- Smashing Pumpkin’s Jimmy Chamberlain – 50
- Kim Deal – 53
- Faith Evans – 41
- K-Ci & Jojo’s Jojo – 43
- Tonic’s Dan Lavery – 45
- The Shirelles’ Shirley Owens – 73
- Alexandra Stan – 25
- Famed lawyer F. Lee Bailey (He has represented such infamous clients as O.J. Simpson, "Boston Strangler" Albert DeSalvo, and Patty Hearst. He also defended Captain Ernest Medina, a United States Army officer blamed for the My Lai Massacre of the Vietnam War) – 81
- Comedian Bill Burr – 46
- Former Senator John Edwards (2004 Democratic Vice-Presidential nominee whose political career was shattered after it came to light that he had fathered a child with another woman. You don’t come back after cheating on your cancer stricken wife…what’s he up to now? In 2013, Edwards announced the formation of Edwards Kirby Attorneys at Law. The firm reunited Edwards with his former law partner David Kirby. Edwards’ daughter, Cate, and her law partner, Sharon Eubanks, operate the Washington, DC office of the firm.) – 61
- NFL Hall of Famer Dan Fouts (Quarterback who played all 15 of his NFL seasons with the San Diego Chargers, then went on to become a color commentator for NFL games on CBS) – 63
- Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinsky (FAST FACT: At Nagano in 1988, she set the record for the youngest gold medalist at the Winter Olympics at the age of just 15) – 32
- Sasha Obama (daughter of Barrack Obama) – (FAST FACT: youngest person to live in the white house since John F. Kennedy) 13
- Danielle Peazer (Professional dancer – has worked Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Robin Thicke, Elton John, and many more) – 26
- Reality star Lauri Peterson (“Real Housewives of Orange County”) – 55
- Britain’s Prince Philip – 93
- Former three time MLB All-Star Ken Singleton – 67
- Former Governor Eliot Spitzer (Governor of New York from 2007 to 2008 who resigned in disgrace after it was revealed that he frequented high-end prostitutes. In 2013 he lost the Democratic primary for New York City Comptroller.) – 55
- Kate Upton (actress and model known for appearances in Sports Illustrated) – 22
- The late children’s author Maurice Sendak (“Where The Wild Things Are”) (FAST FACT: “Where the Wild Things Are” was originally called “Where the Wild Horses Are;” however, Sendak changed the title after discovering that he was not adept at drawing horses.) (1928 – 2012)…he would have been 86
HALLE BERRY HAS TO PAY UP ON CHILD SUPPORT
Halle Berry's bank account is about to get a little light. The Oscar winning actress has been ordered to pay $16-thousand a month to exGabriel Aubry for child support. That's not all.
According to the Associated Press, Berry will pay for their daughter's tuition and half her health care expenses. The former couple were in a nasty custody battle back in 2012, when a judge blocked the actress from moving with her daughter to France.
In another win for Aubry, Berry also has to fork over $115-thousand and $300-thousand to Aubry's attorneys to cover the costs of their custody dispute.
Source: Associated Press
CLOONEY IS PLANNING A WEDDING
Looks like George Clooney wants to say, “I do” to Amal Alamuddin in Venice. According to Page Six, the two want a romantic Italian wedding at a palace in the floating city.
Clooney has a beautiful place in Lake Como, but he nixed having the ceremony there for two reasons – one, it’s not private enough, and two, he didn’t want his wedding to inconvenience the locals and his neighbors.
Sources say that George plans to make an honest woman out of Amal, a prominent international human rights attorney, exactly a year after they met. Stay tuned…
TRACY MORGAN IS STILL IN CRITICAL CONDITION
More details are coming to light about the accident that sent Tracy Morgan to the hospital in critical condition. Kevin Roper, the 35-year-old driver of the Wal-Mart truck that trigger the six car accident, reportedly hadn't slept in 24 hours.
"The Hollywood Reporter" claims this new information is in the criminal complaint against Roper that charges Roper with death by auto and four counts of assault by auto. As for Morgan, his people say he is doing better.
"While Tracy remains in critical condition, he has been more responsive today, which is an incredibly encouraging sign," said rep Lewis Kay in a statement. "He sustained a number of injuries, including a broken leg, a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs. He had surgery earlier today on his leg. We expect him to remain in the hospital for several weeks. His family is tremendously overwhelmed and appreciative of the outpouring of love and support from his fans."
Source: "The Hollywood Reporter"
TERRIFYING DETAILS ABOUT SANDRA BULLOCK'S INTRUDER
We told you yesterday that Sandra Bullock was the victim of a break-in on Sunday morning. Now we have a few more details on the incident, courtesy of Today.
Thirty-nine-year old Joshua Corbett broke into Sandra’s house in the wee hours of Sunday morning. He was able to get past the security cameras and barbed wire to get into the house, where the Oscar winner and her four-year-old son, Louis, were sleeping.
Apparently Corbett was going through Sandra’s house taking her personal items. And the Los Angeles Police say that the break-in wasn’t a random act. Corbett – who was arrested on suspicion of burglary – allegedly obsessed with Bullock – even going so far as to keep a diary about the actress.
Bullock’s spokesperson released a statement confirming the break-in. Thankfully, “She is unharmed and is fine.”
CASPER SMART IS HEARTBROKEN
Jennifer Lopez may not be bothered by her breakup with Casper Smart, but word has it that he is. A source told Page Six, “He is upset about the split. He really wanted to stay with Jennifer. He loves her and her kids.”
Smart spent his weekend moving out of JLo’s house. Fortunately, he was able to keep all the gifts she gave him – including the tricked-out Dodge Ram truck she gave him for this 25th birthday.
No word on where Casper’s going. We’re gonna guess that he won’t be going to visit either of the transsexual models he was accused of dealing with since he denied both instances. Stay tuned…
ROSEANNE FOR PRESIDENT?
Just when you thought it was safe to dream again, we hear that Roseanne Barr is considering another run for the White House. You’ll recall that the “Last Comic Standing” judge ran for President in 2012 and got more than 60-thousand votes. Out of HOW many Americans? Oh...
Roseanne told the New York Daily News, “I might keep running till I win. I can definitely win – it’s a possibility, it’s not a probability but it’s a possibility. If you can make it to the ballot, you can win.”
If you want to know what Barr’s platform is, she advises everyone to go to RoseanneWorld.com to check out what she’s into.
ROB LOWE TALKS ABOUT HIS FORMER "DRINKING BUDDIES"
Rob Lowe now is a sitcom star, having just left "Parks and Recreation." Rob Lowe in the late 80s early 90s? Party animal. In a new interview with "Cigar Aficionado" magazine, Lowe talks about getting sober and his former partying pals
The actor explains that when he wanted to get sober, he needed to find some new hobbies and ways to relate to others. “You’re looking for new ways to bond, to be social, to be out amongst people," he said. "For me, in the early days, that meant playing golf and smoking cigars.”
Being social also meant having his fair share of hard partying nights with some other a-listers. “He was always in the dead center of . . . the scene," Lowe says of Robert Downey Jr. Now he commutes from a safe distance and does it in doses . . . we see each other a bunch but . . . we’re not the last ones to leave a party anymore.” Lowe even has stories about Charlie Sheen, and somehow still has a short spot for the guy. “I love him, even though he hates sobriety," the actor says. "There’s no funnier, smarter, more enjoyable raconteur than Charlie . . . I admire him living the life of his choosing.” Someone's gotta love Charlie.
Source: "Cigar Aficionado"
DROP DEAD FRED IS DEAD
Cult movie fans, Fred is actually dead. Ryk Mayall, who played the title character in the 1991 movie "Drop Dead Fred," has died at the age of 56.
The British actor had a long career across the pond, including shows "Blackladder" and "The Young Ones."
At this time, BBC News is reporting he died in his home in London and the police don't think the death in suspicious. He leaves behind a wife and three children. Our thoughts are with his loved ones.
Source: BBC News
10 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ED SHEERAN
In preparation for tonight’s MTV Ed Sheeran documentary, titled “9 Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran,” the UK singer shared a few fun facts about himself – 101 of them to be precise. Among the more interesting bits of info:
- The first concert he ever went to was Green Day at Wembley Arena.
- “Frére Jacques” was the first song he ever learned to play on the piano.
- The first time he heard his song on the radio the deejay called him Ben Sherman.
- Ed loves to sing Britney Spears’ “Everytime” while in the shower.
- He used to register at hotels using the alias “Ed Sheeran” (that must have worked well).
- He’d love to have Beyoncé cover one of his songs.
- He’s rather have a small tattoo on his face than a big one on his butt.
- As a child he slept with an Iguana Beanie Baby.
- His choice of a duet song with the Queen of England would be the Sex Pistols’ “God Save The Queen.”
- He was once mistaken for Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint by foreign tourists.
- He can’t live without Oreos.
- His go-to dance move is “standing in the corner, and nodding his head.”
ONE DIRECTION ANNOUNCE A NEW STINK
One Direction continues to find ways to milk their fans for money. The UK boy band announced yesterday their latest fragrance, called “You & I” after a single on “Midnight Memories,” is coming out later this summer.
In a video posted Monday, Liam Payne shared their “really big news,” explaining, “We’ve worked really hard on it, we tried to find a scent that we all liked, and we worked really hard on the packaging and the bottle.” “You & I” is the band’s third fragrance. The original, “Our Moment,” came out in the fall of 2013, followed by “That Moment,” which came out in May.
JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE (ABC) Mila Kunis ("Third Person") visits during Kimmel’s pre-game NBA minishow.
NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS (ABC) San Antonio at Miami in Game 3 of the championship series.
NCIS (CBS) repeat.In an effort to find the terrorist Parsa, Gibbs and his team track down one of his cohorts using evidence from the drone attack. Meanwhile, an emotionally shaken McGee struggles with ramifications from the incident.
NCIS: LOS ANGELES (CBS) repeat. Two private military contractors are murdered and the team's investigation leads to a suspect who puts one of their own in grave danger. Meanwhile, Sam arranges a blind date for Callen.
PERSON OF INTEREST (CBS) repeat.The team seeks justice for Carter's murder, but Finch fears that one person may go too far in the battle against HR. Meanwhile, NYPD officer Patrick Simmons' number comes up.
AMERICA’S GOT TALENT (NBC) Auditions continue.
NIGHT SHIFT (NBC) TC and Paul race to the chaotic scene of an after-dark hog-hunting event that has gone nightmarishly wrong. Meanwhile, a 9-year-old girl arrives for treatment in a case that turns complicated; Drew injures his hand; and Ragosa seeks family counseling.
RIOT (FOX) Rob Delaney and David Arquette participate.
I WANNA MARRY HARRY (FOX) Nine women remain, and one of them uncovers an intriguing photo in Sir's room, which leads to speculation about his identity.
FAMOUS IN 12 (CW) A family move to Los Angeles in an attempt to find fame in the entertainment business in just 12 weeks.
SUPERNATURAL (CW) repeat. A group of angels hunts Castiel. Dean and Sam race to find their friend before the angels do. Homeless, Castiel tries to make his way through the city and comes across some unexpected surprises.
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY (BRAVO) A Saratoga trip ends with a wives-gone-wild night on the town. Later, Ramona bonds with Avery before her college departure; Sonja's facialist spreads gossip to Kristen; LuAnn throws a charity auction; and Aviva hosts an art party.
JEFF DUNHAM: SPARK OF INSANTY (COM) Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham performs with familiar favorites Peanut, Walter and Jose Jalapeño, as well as new friends Achmed the Dead Terrorist and Melvin the Superhero.
DEADLIEST CATCH (DISC) The captains celebrate Josh Harris' return.
ESCAPE CLUB (E!) repeat.Twelve twentysomethings escape to a paradise getaway in the premiere of this reality competition, which finds them fighting to stay at the resort and dealing with the unexpected arrivals of people from their lives back home.
TRUE TORI (LIFE) Tori reflects on the most explosive moments from the season and reveals exclusive new footage shot behind closed doors.
LITTLE WOMEN: LA (LIFE) Christy and Traci's bridal battle intensifies when Christy steals Traci's spotlight at a wine-tasting party. Meanwhile, Elena visits a doctor to find out what type of dwarfism she has and what potential problems might arise during pregnancy.
AWKWARD (MTV) Jenna and Tamara face the possibility of a future apart.
HEROES OF COSPLAY (SYFY) A costume contest in Miami finds Yaya and Co. making friends with the competition over appletinis and chocolate milk.
19 KIDS AND COUNTING (TLC) Amy Duggar, Jim Bob's niece, recalls her favorite family events and surprises her relatives with exciting news.
JIMMY KIMMEL (E!) Scheduled:Gerard Butler, Meagan Goode.
DAVID LETTERMAN (CBS) Scheduled: Dave Chappelle, Laura Prepon. Music from the Orwells.
CRAIG FERGUSON (CBS) Scheduled: Megan Mullally, T.J. Miller.
TONIGHT SHOW/JIMMY FALLON (NBC) Scheduled: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Taylor Schilling, Ed Sheeran.
LATE NIGHT/SETH MEYERS (NBC) Scheduled: Charlie Rose, Gayle King, Aidy Bryant, Linda Fairstein.
THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART (COM) Scheduled: Director John Waters
THE COLBERT REPORT (COM) Scheduled: Author Sebastian Junger
@MIDNIGHT (COM) Scheduled: Rob Riggle, Ice Cube, Jimmy Tatro
CHELSEA LATELY (E!) Scheduled: Channing Tatum, John Caparulo, Sarah Colonna, April Richardson
LAST CALL/CARSON DALY (NBC) Scheduled: TBA