Energy Vampires suck the fun out of everything, but at work it can be worse. An “EV” is someone who is exhausting and draining to deal with and while you can walk away from them in your personal life, they don’t disappear at work. Here are some signs you work with one:
- They ask intrusive questions often
- They broadcast the horrible day they’re having and want you to join them
- They tell long stories and never get to the point
- They’re more intense than some who’s socially awkward
- They leave you feeling like your time has been wasted
The best way to deal with energy vampires is to set boundaries. If that doesn’t work be blunt and let them know you do not have the time to listen.
Source: Huffington Post