This list reveals the jobs where women are getting paid substantially less than their male counterparts.
- 4/7 Wall Street has come out with a list of the Worst Paying Jobs for Women in the U.S.
- They looked at female weekly earnings as a percentage of male weekly earnings in full-time wage and salary occupations
- Personal finance advisor is the worst paying job for women, with women making just 58.9% of what men make in the same job
Today is Women’s Equality Day, most women know there's a long way to go before there's true equality both at work, and even in society in general. When it comes to salary, women are consistently being paid less than their male counterparts, with women earning just 82 cents for every dollar a man earns, but in some jobs that salary differential is much, much more.
Well, in case you missed it, 24/7 Wall Street has come out with a list of the Worst Paying Jobs for Women in the U.S., looking at female weekly earnings as a percentage of male weekly earnings in full-time wage and salary occupations.
So, which job is the worst when it comes to paying women? Ironically, that would be personal finance advisor, where women earn 58.9% of what a man makes, with men taking in a median weekly salary of $1,662, while women take in only $979. That could be why there are so few women in the field, with only 32.9% of personal finance advisors being female.
Ten Worst Paying Jobs For Women(click here for the complete list)
- Personal finance advisor
- Administrative services manager
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents
- Emergency medical technicians and paramedics
- Sales representatives, services, all other
- First-line supervisors of housekeeping and janitorial workers
- Real estate brokers and sales agents
- Financial managers
- First-line supervisors of production and operating workers
- First-line supervisors of retail sales workers