While you may have been stuck in your cubicle all summer, a lot of folks took time off to head out on vacation, and it seems a lot of folks stayed here in the good old U.S.A.
So where is everyone going? Well, TripAdvisor just came out with their annual Seasonal Attractions Trend Index, revealing the top 25 attractions that have sparked the greatest increase in traveler interest this season and some of them may surprise you.
Overall, Grand Canyon South Rim in Grand Canyon National Park has seen the most traffic, up 53%, followed by Seven Falls in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which is up 49%. But beautiful scenery isn’t the only thing making the list. Other popular destinations include the Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, and even the big High Roller Ferris wheel in Las Vegas.
Top Ten Summer Attractions According to TripAdvisor(Click here for the complete Top 25)
- Grand Canyon South Rim, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (53%)
- Seven Falls, Colorado Springs, CO (49%)
- Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, AZ (36%)
- Fenway Park, Boston, MA (36%)
- Kualoa, Kaneohe, HI (33%)
- St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans, LA (33%)
- Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, CO (31%)
- High Roller, Las Vegas, NV (25%)
- Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, CO (24%)
- Gateway Arch – Saint Louis, MO (24%)