Don't fall asleep with your cell charger in bed!

 

The Newton, New Hampshire, Fire Department posted a PSA on its Facebook page about the dangers of kids charging their electronics on their beds or under their pillows while they sleep … and parents should take note.

According to the post, "Research has revealed that 53% of children/teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow. The heat generated cannot dissipate, and the charger will become hotter and hotter. The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire. This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger. Please check where you and your family charge your mobile devices.”

The post included photos of huge burn marks on sheets and pillow cases in the shape of a phone charger ... and it’s pretty scary. Nothing electronic should be stored or charged on a couch, bed, blanket, or other flammable fabric. Instead, charging stations should be set up on desks and counters to avoid fire and burn risks. (Woman's Day)

JTD in the Morning

JTD in the Morning

Get to know JTD in The Morning on 100.3 The Peak in Albuquerque, NM Read more

title

Content Goes Here