TAYLOR SWIFT: Album Announced
Even Taylor Swift got tired of the teases. She's announced that her new album, Reputation, will be out on November 10th.
Tay made the announcement in a series of Instagram posts, one of which features the black-and-white cover of the album. She also said that a new single will be out tomorrow night (Thursday).
Reputation will be her first album since 1989 came out three years ago.
ELLEN DEGENERES: TV's Highest-Paid Host
The new TV season starts next month. Some big names are pulling down big money to host reality, news and talk shows. Variety listed the top TV salaries.
- Ellen DeGeneres $50 million
- Judge Judith Sheindlin $47 million
- Ryan Seacrest $27 million ($15 million for Kelly & Ryan plus another $12 million for Idol)
- Matt Lauer $25 million The Today Show
- Katy Perry $25 million American Idol
- Kelly Ripa $22 million
- Megyn Kelly $18 million NBC News
- Robin Roberts $18 million Good Morning America
- Jimmy Fallon $16 million
- Stephen Colbert $15 million
- Jimmy Kimmel $15 million
- Pat Sajak $15 million Wheel of Fortune
- George Stephanopoulos $15 million Good Morning America
- David Letterman $12 million for a new Netflix deal
MOVIES OPENING THIS WEEK
ALL SAINTS (Drama)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? The true story of salesman-turned-pastor Michael Spurlock, the tiny church he was ordered to shut down, and a group of refugees from Southeast Asia.
WHO'S IN IT? John Corbett, Cara Buono, Barry Corbin, David Keith
- John Corbett and Barry Corbin worked together on the TV series Northern Exposure.
- The real All Saints Episcopal Church in Smyrna, Tennessee and farmland were used in the movie.
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? An orphan girl dreams of becoming a ballerina and flees her rural Brittany for Paris, where she passes for someone else and rises to the position of pupil at the Grand Opera house.
WHO'S IN IT? Elle Fanning, Dane DeHaan, Carly Rae Jepsen, Maddie Ziegler, Mel Brooks, Kate McKinnon
- The budget was $30 million.
- Maddie Ziegler appeared on Dance Moms and starred in Sia's videos for "Chandelier" and "Elastic Heart."
- Titled Ballerina outside of the U.S.
BIRTH OF THE DRAGON (Action)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? In 1965, in San Francisco, Bruce Lee, spurred by one of his students, challenges Shaolin monk and kung fu master Wong Jack Man to a martial arts fight.
WHO'S IN IT? Philip Ng, Xia Yu, Jin Xing, Billy Magnussen
- According to the IMDb, "The original cut of the movie was so poorly received by audiences that the film had to be extensively re-edited in a desperate attempt to please fans by removing many scenes of Billy Magnussen and focusing more on Philip Ng as Bruce Lee."
- The movie was shot in Vancouver.
VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS: Surprise Appearance by Mayweather-McGregor Winner?
MTV is teasing a surprise appearance at the Video Music Awards. The victor of Saturday night’s fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor may show the next day in L.A.
It all depends on how the fight finishes. And if the winner’s face doesn’t looks like raw beef. (New York Post)
Saturday night in Las Vegas, undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather enters the ring against champion MMA fighter Conor McGregor. Vegas oddsmakers haven’t given Conor a fighting chance because he’s never boxed professionally.
However, ESPN reports for every bet placed on Mayweather, another 17 are wagered on the underdog. If McGregor lands a shocking upset win, the Vegas sports-books are liable to paying millions out of their own pocket. One expert declared, (quote) “This would go down as the worst loss in the history of MGM Resorts.” (Forbes)
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT: Mel B Comments on Drink Throwing
Mel B tossed her drink at Simon Cowell on live TV last night (Tuesday) -- and she had good reason.
The America's Got Talent judge tells E! News she was dealing with a lot of emotions during the broadcast and Simon's quip about her troubled marriage pushed her over the top.
Mel explains, "[Contestant Evie Clair] really made me cry because it made me think about my dad, and my dad recently passed from cancer also, with an almost eight-nine years struggle. So a story like that from such a young girl really touches my heart… She just sounded so beautiful and I couldn't stop crying, so I go from that to Simon saying something so rude and inappropriate."
She added, "So, my journey tonight was all over the place. But I'm a very real, honest person, so what you see is what you get."
After an escape artist's act failed, Simon quipped, "I kind of think it will be like Mel B's wedding night. A lot of anticipation, not much promise." That's when the former Spice Girl tossed her drink and walked off the stage.
JUSTIN BIEBER: Haters Wish Taylor Swift Dethrones “Despacito”
There’s a weird convergence of fans praying for Taylor Swift’s single to debut at Number One on the Billboard chart.
Many of them are Justin Bieber haters. The “Despacito” remix featuring Bieber has topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for 15 consecutive weeks. Mariah Carey holds the Billboard record of 16 weeks with “One Sweet Day.”
A Mariah fan tweeted, (quote) “Let's support Taylor Swift on Friday only to save Mariah Carey's record and destroy ‘Despacito.’”
Therefore, a combination of Swifties, Mariah’s Lambs and Bieber haters cross their fingers that Taylor’s new song denies Justin the Billboard record. (BuzzFeed)