Everyone SAYS they don’t like chain food, but come on, they exist for a reason: it’s easy, it’s cheap – and often, it touches that “comfort food” button in a way that nothing else can.
And sure, everyone’s got their regional faves, but when it comes to national chains, Thrillist.com decided to break down what the “best” menu items at each chain are. Here you go:
- A&W: The Root Beer Float - The classic American treat is done best at A&W. It’s the perfect way to unhinge that sweet tooth after an all American meal.
- Burger King: Chicken Fries - It’s not a French fry or a chicken tender, but it’s close enough to both, which is probably why it’s a fast food favorite!
- Chick-fil-A: Chicken Sandwich - The original chicken sandwich doesn’t have newer, better replacement. Some things are just done best the first time.
- Dairy Queen: Oreo Blizzard - Soft serve ice cream is almost good enough, stand alone. But that cookies and cream combo is a simply delightful. Bliss, really.
- Five Guys: French Fries - Their burgers are not to be overlooked, but a burgers best friend are French fries and Five Guys nailed the combo.
- In-N-Out: Double-Double - In-N-Out is a real throw back to the time when fast food wasn’t just fast, it was fresh. It’s what makes it a go to place.
- KFC: Original Recipe - KFC is always coming up with new food items for their menu. But that’s not why we keep going back. The original recipe is king.
- McDonald’s: Bacon, egg & cheese - McDonald’s breakfast all day creates heavy competition with their own menu. Breakfast cravings can beckon any time of day and McDonald’s is there for you.
- Popeyes: Biscuits - Can we order fluffy biscuits with a side of chicken? These biscuits are proof that simple is sometimes best.