While it certainly doesn’t feel like fall yet in most places in the country, it does in Starbucks, which brought back the popular Pumpkin Spice Latte earlier this month. The popularity of the PSL has prompted many other companies to jump on the pumpkin bandwagon, but not every new product has been so successful.
Well, Mashable has now come out with their choices for the worst pumpkin-flavored products out there, and judging by the amount there are we think it’s time some companies just stop trying to move in on Starbucks’ territory.
The worst pumpkin-flavored items include:
- Pumpkin Cider – Which Mashable says tastes “exactly like vomit — not just vomit, the noun, but the actual actof vomiting.”
- Pumpkin Spice Gum – Not only tastes bad, but also leaves you with the smell of it on your breath.
- Pumpkin Spice Oreos – Which were compared to “a Yankee Candle melting in your mouth."
- Pumpkin Spice Pie Butter – Supposedly perfect to slather on toast, but described as “too sweet.”
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal – Although that sounds good, it’s apparently “sickeningly sweet.”
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Peeps – Fall isn’t a time for Peeps, so these are not a welcome addition to the candy isle.
- Pumpkin Spice Candy Corn – As if candy corn wasn’t already bad, this flavor is said to be “truly ghastly.”