When it comes to kids and Halloween candy, parents fall into one of three camps: 1) The eat-as-much-as-you-want parents, 2) the eat-none-of-it parents and 3) the somewhere-in- between parents.
To find out exactly what parents do with their children's Halloween candy, besides sneaking around and eating it themselves, the Today show conducted a survey of 1,300 parents. Here's what they found:
- 40% of parents ration out the treats so kids get a few pieces every day and never truly overdo it.
- 27% of parents let their kiddos eat as much as much of they want.
- 27% of parents give their kids a little of the candy and hide the rest.
- 4% go with the switch witch and have kids trade in their candy for a toy.
- 2% take all that candy away.