Halo Top ice cream isn’t your average frozen dairy treat. This stuff is protein-rich, low-sugar, low-carb, and low-fat. But fans also say it tastes incredible and not like a healthy version of their favorite “real” ice cream. A pint of Halo Top has between 240 and 280 calories, compared to a pint of vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream which has 1,000 calories. Seriously!
So we know this stuff is better for us, but how does it taste? The folks at Popsugar were kind enough to do a little taste test for us and have ranked the flavors, so we know where to start digging our spoons in first.
- Vanilla Bean - This flavor was voted the best and described as “smooth and not too sweet.” Many taste testers say they love this one even said they’d marry this ice cream, “it’s that perfect and dependable.”
- Birthday Cake - This flavor can be hard to find in stores, so you know it’s gotta be good. It comes with rainbow chips and testers say it tastes just like birthday cake.
- Mint Chip - People say they like the mintiness of this one, but wish it had more chips in it. Some even said they would have liked it better if the flavor was just called “Mint” instead, but overall Mint Chip ranked third.
- Strawberry - Lots of testers enjoyed the strawberry flavor, but some did say it has an “odd aftertaste.”
- Chocolate - This ice cream got pretty great reviews, but some did mention that it’s “not as good as vanilla” and others say it has a “peculiar” aftertaste, too.
- Chocolate Mocha Chip - Reviewers had a problem with the texture here, not the flavor. Testers describe it as a bit of “powdery,” “dry,” “strange, crumbly” texture with a great flavor.
- Lemon Cake - Coming in last place is Lemon Cake, but one of them had to be last, even when they’re all tasty.