Trader Joe’s might not be America’s favorite grocery store - that honor belongs to both Publix and Wegmans, according to a recent survey - it’s a close second. Fans of the store are extremely loyal and some of their products even have a cult-like following.
Here are the winners of Trader Joe’s 9th Annual Customer Choice Awards.
Favorite overall product: Mandarin Orange Chicken
- It’s cheap ($4.99) and easy to make, so it’s perfect for a rushed weeknight dinner. Runner ups include “Everything But the Bagel Seasoning” and Cookie Butter spread.
Favorite bakery product: Almond Kringle
- TJ’s calls it “a delicate pastry ring that’s layered with a rich, yet light-tasting almond paste,” and sprinkled with toasted almonds. No wonder this buttery danish is a fave.
Favorite beverage: Spiced Cider
- They’ve been selling Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider for over 20 years and the apple-based cider made with cinnamon, allspice and cloves is still a best-seller.
Favorite candy: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- This is a tough category, with other top picks like dark chocolate-covered almonds and English toffee, but you can’t beat a classic like chocolate and peanut butter.
Favorite cheese: Unexpected Cheddar
- TJ’s has an excellent cheese selection and this one takes the top spot. Runner ups include Double Cream Brie and Cheddar Cheese with Caramelized Onions.
Favorite coffee: Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Folks who don’t want to drop $5 for an iced coffee at their corner coffee shop know that getting this Cold Brew Concentrate is a tasty way to save.
Favorite frozen appetizer: Spanakopita
- This Greek classic comes in first and what’s not to love about spinach and feta in flaky pastry?
Favorite snack: Peanut Butter Pretzels
- There are so many amazing snack options at Trader Joe’s, it’s so hard to choose a favorite, but Peanut Butter Pretzels came in first, followed by Roasted Plantain Chips and Organic Corn Chip Dippers.