NICOLE EGGERT: Talks Alleged Sexual Abuse by Scott Baio
(UPDATE 7:00 a.m. ET): The Dr. Oz interview that Nicole Eggert taped earlier this month will air today. The show had originally scrapped it over some uncertainty about Eggert's timeline of events. (TMZ)
Nicole Eggert talked about how she was allegedly molested by Scott Baio on Tuesday's Megyn Kelly Today.
The Charles in Charge actress said, "We started filming the show in September of '86 when I was 14 and he immediately took to me and befriended me and earned my trust. And then he started expressing his love for me…and talking about marriage in the future. And then I was still 14, before my 15th birthday we were at his house, in his car in his garage and he reached over and he penetrated me with his finger. And that is when the sexual touching, abuse started, after that."
She said the alleged abuse "happened quite often, through the age of 16."
Eggert said it was particularly difficult because "he was our boss and he was also telling me, 'You can't telling anybody, this is illegal, I will go to jail, the show will be over, everyone will be sued. You will be out of a job, you will ruin everybody's life.' And it is scary and it's imitating, especially when you are that young."
Nicole addressed saying in the past that she lost her virginity to Scott when she was of legal age. She said, "What my truth is, is that I wasn't ready to tell my story and for me it was always protecting the show and protecting that whole legacy that nothing happened there. That was my delusion and that was my cover-up always."
Baio denies the claims, insisting Eggert was 18 they had a consensual sexual relationship.
MARK SALLING: Disgraced Glee Star Dead in Apparent Suicide
Disgraced Glee star Mark Salling is dead of an apparent suicide.
According to TMZ, his body was found on a little league field near his home in Sunland, California. Early indications are that he may have hanged himself.
Salling pleaded guilty last month to possession of child pornography. He reportedly had 50,000 images of children ages three to five. He was facing four to seven years in prison.
Salling was 35.
GLEE: Co-Stars Comment Mark Salling's Death
Jane Lynch and Matthew Morrison were some of Mark Salling’s Glee co-stars who've remembered the disgraced actor, who died today (Tuesday).
The 35-year-old apparently committed suicide, just weeks before he was to be sentenced for possession of child pornography. He faced five to seven years in prison at his sentencing scheduled for March.
Lynch told TMZ the news was “sad and very tragic.” She added, “I’m brokenhearted over it.”
Morrison posted a photo with Salling and his late co-star Corey Monteith, and captioned it with two angel emojis and a sad face.
Iqbal Theba, who played Principal Figgins on the show, tweeted, “Oh Mark.”
Glee producer Tim Davis wrote. “Today we lost another #Glee cast member. Yes, he committed crimes against children. Yes, it’s horrific. But #MarkSalling was a broken man… I loved Mark, and am sad when I consider the devastation of his parents. PLEASE withhold your cruel comments. Let me be clear. Having compassion for #MarkSalling in no way minimizes his crimes, nor does it minimize the pain and devastation of the victims of those crimes. I’m just saying stop adding to his family’s pain. This was their son. If you’re without sin, feel free to cast stones.”
Salling, who killed himself by hanging, did not leave a suicide note.
MICHELLE OBAMA: Dishes on the Gift From Melania
Former First Lady Michelle Obama spoke to Ellen DeGeneres in her first televised interview since leaving the White House and revealed what was inside the blue Tiffany gift box she received from Melania Trump on the morning of President Trump's inauguration.
In keeping with the tradition of outgoing presidents welcoming their successors to the White House on the morning of Inauguration Day, the Obamas greeted the Trumps in what was one of the more awkward moments of the day. First Donald got out of the car and walked up the White House steps without waiting for Melania. Then, as the two couples were positioning for an historic photo, Melania handed a gift to Michelle who clearly wasn't expecting it. She then frantically looked around for someone to take it from her.
Michelle explained, "Well, there’s all this protocol. I mean, this is like a state visit, so they tell you that you’re going to do this, they’re going to stand here. Never before do you get this gift, so I’m sort of like okay." She remembered thinking, "What am I supposed to do with this gift? And everyone cleared out and no one would come and take the box. And I’m thinking do we take the picture with it?” Eventually, President Obama took the box from her and handed it off to someone inside.
Ellen's interview with Michelle Obama airs tomorrow. (Newsweek)
Leslie Jones will return to the Olympics as a contributor for NBC. The SNL cast member covered the Rio summer games in 2016 after enthusiastically tweeted about the events. NBC’s live prime-time coverage of the Winter Olympics begins February 8th. (Page Six)
Film critic Richard Roeper has been suspended from the Chicago Sun-Times after he allegedly bought fake followers on Twitter. The paper's editor in chief Chris Fusco said, "We're investigating these issues. We will not be publishing any reviews or columns by Rich until this investigation is complete." (NY Daily News)
USA Network has renewed Suits for an eighth season after the departure of stars Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle. Both actors will leave the series at the end of the seventh season. Meanwhile, Showtime has canceled the Andrew Dice Clay series Dice, and Hulu has canceled the drama series Shut Eye after two seasons.
Zachary Quinto will once again replace Leonard Nimoy. The current Spock has signed on to host a reboot of In Search Of for the History channel. Nimoy hosted the series in the late '70s and early '80s.
LORDE: Love Letter to Fans
Lorde wrapped up a week of Grammy controversy by writing an open letter advertisement thanking fans -- and subtly smacking down the folks behind the awards.
The singer, who wasn't allowed to perform the same sort of solo slot as her fellow male nominees, didn't mention the awards in the hand-written note. But her message was still clear. After thanking fans for making Melodrama a worldwide success, she went on to praise her followers "for believing in female musicians," adding "You set a beautiful precedent."
The ad came after she tweeted on Tuesday that people should see for themselves if they were unsure whether she could “murder a stage."
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE: Parents Tell Him to Behave
Most people are hoping that Justin Timberlake brings sexy back to the Super Bowl -- but not the Parents' Television Council.
The conservative activists published an open letter to the Man of the Woods, asking that he stay "appropriate" during his halftime performance -- and not have any "wardrobe malfunctions" this time around.
The group used its website to issue a plea, saying “The Super Bowl, and particularly its halftime show, should be the hallmark of entertainment that’s both appealing and a safe place for the entire family. We ask you to keep the halftime show friendly and safe for the children watching, and who may be hoping to emulate you one day.
"Thank you for considering our urgent appeal for a positive, uplifting and entertaining halftime show on Sunday. Because our Children are Watching. Break a leg."
GRAMMYS: Neil Portnow Clarifies "Step Up" Comment
The head honcho of the Grammys has clarified his “step up” comment after hearing complaints from Pink, Lorde and Kesha.
Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said women need to “step up” if they want to win Grammys. Portnow took a second shot at explaining why so few women are nominated and just one took home a trophy during the CBS telecast. Portnow said, "Our industry must recognize that women who dream of careers in music face barriers that men never have. We must actively work to eliminate these barriers and encourage women to live their dreams and express their passion and creativity through music.” (Variety)