Sparkling water is bigger than ever, which means there are a lot of cans out there to choose from. It can be confusing because some are sweetened, some aren’t, some use real sugar, and others use artificial sweeteners, so the folks at “POPSUGAR” did the hard work for us and taste-tested an impressive 91 varieties of bubbly water from 18 brands. And these are their winners:
- Polar Seltzer'ade Cherry Limeade - This one lands at the top of the list because they say it tastes “like a melted Firecracker Popsicle, except even better because it’s fizzy.”
- Tangerine LaCroix - When you want to drink the “essence of kishu mandarins.”
- Seriously Unsweetened Ginger - Not your average seltzer, this favorite is “perfectly balanced and zingy.”
- Spindrift Blackberry - This line of sparkling waters are flavored with a splash of fruit juice or puree, so they’re not zero-calorie, but only have between one and 15. The Blackberry is supposed to taste like a summer berry pie, and the Cucumber and Strawberry flavors are tasty, too.
- Hal's New York Seltzer Water Vanilla Cream - It’s the dessert of seltzers without the sugar crash. Their Black Cherry flavor is a winner, too.
- The Mountain Valley Lime Twist - This subtle flavor starts with a mineral water base, so it has a unique flavor.
- Dasani Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade - Even without the sweetness, it tastes just like carbonated lemonade.
- Sway Mango - This brand is also made with actual fruit juice, so this tropical sparkler has authentic mango essence. Sway Lemon Ginger is a top pick as well.
- Kiwi Sandia LaCroix - They say it tastes like watermelon Sour Patch Kids, like it’s a good thing. Other delicious LaCroix flavors that made the list include apricot, Cerise Limón (cherry lime) and pamplemousse, which is pink grapefruit flavor and so, so good.