According to a survey of moms by the Today show, three kids stress you out more than one or two. But get this: Moms with four or more kids report having less stress. This is probably because your kids become your helpers.
Parenting expert, creator of "Scary Mommy" and author Jill Smokler explains, "Going from one to two was an easy, breezy transition. Two to three, everything was turned upside down. I did not feel like I had it together ... just crossing the street and not being able to physically hold all their hands I found tremendously stressful."
More results from the moms and stress survey:
- 46 percent of moms say their husbands/partners cause them more stress than their kids do.
- 72 percent of moms stress about how stressed they are.
- 60 percent say their biggest cause of stress is not having enough time to do everything that needs to get done.
- 60 percent of moms say raising girls is more stressful than raising boys.
- 90 percent of moms stress about staying fit and attractive.