- Harvey Weinstein was quoted as saying that he traded acting jobs for sex.
- His lawyer says his client didn’t say that.
- The reporter who wrote the story said he misrepresented their conversation.
Was Harvey Weinstein trading acting roles for sex? That’s what an article from The Spectator suggests. He was quoted as saying, “I did offer them acting jobs in exchange for sex, but so did and still does everyone.” But he draws the line on rape – “I never, ever forced myself on a single woman.”
But Harvey’s lawyer says the quote is bogus. According to Benjamin Brafman – who was present for the interview – Harvey and the article's author, Taki, didn’t even discuss the current case because he wouldn’t allow it. “They talked about old Hollywood and the contrast to European culture and I think Taki sees Harvey in that older light. Mr. Weinstein never said anything about trading movie roles for sexual favors.”
Weinstein’s people reached out to Taki, who issued the following statement: “I believe that I may have misrepresented Harvey Weinstein's conversation with me. It was my mistake.”
- Asia Argento, Anthony Bourdain's girlfriend, has dealt with online accusations accusing her of causing Anthony's death.
- Hollywood stars published an open letter calling for an end to the "vicious cyberbullying" Argento has faced in the weeks since his death.
- Hollywood stars such as Rose McGowan, Terry Crews, and Olivia Munn joined forces to help pen the letter.
It's been an emotional rollercoaster for those who knew and loved Anthony Bourdain. The world-famous chef and host of "Parts Unknown" was found dead in a French hotel room on June 8th after committing suicide and his girlfriend, Asia Argento, has been the target of cyber bullies ever since.
In an Op-Ed piece published in the "Los Angelos Times," Hollywood stars spoke out in support of Argento and criticized those on the Internet who blame her for his death. Olivia Munn, Terry Crews, Rose McGowan, Mira Sorvino and others signed the piece which ended with this paragraph:
- “Our standing up for her is standing up to any and all bullies. We implore you to be kind to each other, to believe survivors, to stand up for survivors, to encourage, support and sympathize with them. We ask you to stand with us, as we stand with Asia.”
Argento and Bourdain began dating in 2017 after collaborating on an episode of his CNN series. You can read the full piece here
Source: Los Angeles Times
- Kate Upton’s Pregnant: Congratulations are in order for Kate Upton. She and her husband, Justin Verlander, are expecting their first child. She shared her happy news on The ‘Gram. The phote featured her in a red pantsuit with a slight baby bump. She tagged Justin and added the hashtag, “#PregnantInMiami.” Fortunately, the “Sports Illustrated” model won’t have to stop working. Tommy Hilfiger has invited her to continue modeling throughout her pregnancy. “Our business is all about inclusiveness and diversity, and not just about 90 pound models,” he said.
- Billy Bush’s Wife Files for Divorce: Looks like Billy Bush and Sydney Davis aren’t getting back together. In fact, she filed for divorce after 20 years of marriage citing irreconcilable differences. She’s asking for joint legal and primary physical custody of their daughters, 17-year-old Mary and 13-year-old Lillie. They have also have an adult daughter, Josie. She wants spousal support, too. Even though Billy hasn’t worked since being fired from “Today” in the wake of that infamous “Access Hollywood” video surfaced featuring him and then-presidential candidate, Donald Trump, he allegedly got millions in the settlement.
- Wood Harris allegedly beat up his girlfriend, Anya Richardson.
- He won’t face charges for the incident because the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office couldn’t prove that a crime had occurred.
- She’s looking into other legal actions.
Wood Harris allegedly beat up his girlfriend, Anya Richardson, but he won’t face charges for it. The alleged incident happened in April. According to her, “The Wire” star invited her to Philadelphia where he was shooting “Creed II.” They were in his hotel room when he flew into a violent rage that landed her in the hospital.
Richardson went to the hospital the next day and reported the incident to the cops the day after that. The police report said that he hit her multiple times in the stomach, neck, and ribs. Richardson also claims that he spat on her face and choked her.
However, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office says they didn’t prosecute because they couldn’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime had occurred. Harris’ rep said, “The account by this woman is pure fabrication. Wood was never questioned by the authorities and that should speak to the authenticity of the accusation. No further comment.” Meanwhile, Richardson’s attorney says his client is pursuing “alternate remedies to help protect other women from the threat of assault.”
It’s barely been a few weeks since Halsey announced that she and G-Eazy had ended things, hinting that he may have cheated, and it looks like he may have already moved on to another music star. The rapper was spotted holding hands with none other than Demi Lovato.
The two artists were seen holding hands as they left the Warwick in Hollywood at about 2:30 am Saturday morning. They had reportedly arrived to the club together as well.
There’s no official word on whether the pair is an item, and if so how long they have been together. Check out a photo of G-Eazy and Demi here.
Source: Us Weekly
Taylor Swift’s classic surprised face made another appearance over the weekend, when a fan proposed to his girlfriend in front of the singer at a meet-and-greet after the Philadelphia show for her “Reputation”stadium tour.
In an Instagram photo posted by Swift, she is seen gawking gleefully at a fan who got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend and fellow T-Swift fan. In the caption, Swift shares that when the two walked into the meet-and-greet, the man said “we met 5 years ago at the Red Tour” and then kneeled down to propose. She followed up the anecdote with the hashtag #thirdwheel.
As expected, Drake’s “Scorpion” is spending its second week on top the “Billboard” 200 Album chart. Drake moved an additional 335,000 equivalent album units, 29,000 in traditional album sales, to retain the number one position.
Drake’s latest numbers are the largest second-week sales for an album since Adele’s “25” moved 1.16 million units in its second week in release back in 2015. What’s more, with another week at number one, Drake has now logged 23 weeks on top overall.
- Elsewhere on the chart, Post Malone’s “beerbongs & bentley’s” is at two, followed by Future’s “Beastmode 2” at three, XXXTentacion’s “?” at four and Cardi B’s “Invasion of Privacy” at five.
- Rounding out the Top Ten are: Juice WRLD’s “Goodbye & Good Riddance" at six, the soundtrack to “The Greatest Showman” at seven, The Carters’ “Everything Is Love” at eight; Meek Mill’s“Legends of the Summer” at nine and Lil Baby’s “Harder Than Ever” at ten.
Mariah Carey took some time out of her Las Vegas residency this weekend to help one of her dancers get engaged. During her “The Butterfly Returns” performance at the at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, she brought out dancer Manwe to the stage and then invited his boyfriend Sumeet to join them.
Sumeet then got down on one knee and popped the question, and of course, Manwe said yes. Mariah shared video of the special moment on social media, writing, “He said yes!!! Congratulations Manwe and Sumeet!!” Check it out to the right.
Source: Mariah Carey
Demi Moore was able to have the last laugh at her ex-husband Bruce Willis' expense during Comedy Central's roast of the "Die Hard" star which filmed this weekend. Their children Rumer, Tallulah and Scoutwere all present in the audience and laughed at their mother’s jokes about their father. Demi was married to Bruce for 12 years and she seemed a bit nervous at first.
Moore used Willis’ film history to describe their failed marriage, "I look at our marriage like 'The Sixth Sense'…You were dead the whole time." Demi’s jokes landed pretty well with her ex, but the same couldn’t be said for Dennis Rodman who bombed horribly with a Kim Jong Unjoke.
Some of Demi's jokes that landed:
- “I was married to Bruce for the first three 'Die Hard' movies, which makes sense because the last two sucked.”
- “Bruce considered the end of our marriage his biggest failure. Bruce, don’t be so hard on yourself, you had much bigger failures. Planet Hollywood, 'Hudson Hawk'…campaigning for Michael Dukakis, turning down Clooney’s role in 'Ocean’s Eleven' to focus on playing the harmonica.”
The "Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis," hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt will air July 29th.
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” was the weekend’s top grossing movie with a take of $44-point-1 million dollars. The other new movie of the weekend, “Skyscraper” took in a respectable $25-point-4 million.
Last week’s top movie, “Ant-Man and The Wasp” dropped to second place with $28-point-8 million dollars.
Here’s a look at this weekend’s top 10 movies:
- “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” – $44.1 million
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp – $28.8 million ($132.8 million total)
- “Skyscraper” – $25.4 million
- “Incredibles 2” – $16.2 million
- “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” – $15.5 million
- “The First Purge” – $9.1 million
- “Sorry to Bother You” – $4.2 million
- “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” – $3.8 million
- “Uncle Drew” – $3.2 million
- “Ocean’s 8” – $2.9 million
Source: Rotten Tomatoes
Sony Pictures has announced that the 2009 cult favorite "Zombieland" will be getting a sequel. "Zombieland 2" will reunite the original cast: Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, and Abigail Breslin and will reportedly take the group “from the White House to the American heartland as they face off against new kinds of zombies that have evolved since the first movie, as well as some new human survivors.”
The film was successful in 2009 and so were the people who took part in it including the writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who went on to write "Deadpool" and "Deadpool 2." Meanwhile, director Ruben Fleischer, who will direct the sequel, just finished the soon-to-be-released "Venom."
You can expect another apocalypse to hit the theaters in October 2019.