In fashion, trends come and go and right now there are some 90s looks coming back in style. Etsy knows exactly what shoppers are looking for and what sellers are making and you may be surprised by the classics from the 1990s that are having another moment.
Etsy’s trend expert, Dayna Isom Johnson knows her stuff and says “Today’s 90s looks have been modernized with a touch of sophistication.” Get ready to see more of these old school looks making a comeback.
- Handmade shell necklaces - If you’ve still got any of your old puka shell chokers or necklaces, don’t toss them yet because they’re back in style. The iconic 90s jewelry is popular once again, with an almost 5,000% increase in searches on Etsy over the past year for “handmade shell necklaces.”
- Butterfly clips - The 90s hair accessories are making a comeback, but instead of the neon and glittery plastic ones from your youth, todays are more realistic and delicate. Over the last year, searches for “butterfly clips“ on Etsy have increased almost 400%.
- Glasses chains - Get your granny on because searches for “women’s glasses chains“ are up more than 5,500% on Etsy this year.
- 90s-style windbreakers - You may have spotted this trend on a few stylish celebs, like Hailey Baldwin, because the retro colorblock windbreaker jackets are cool again. Searches for “90s style jackets“ have increased 27% on Etsy, so get ready to see these on racks once again.
- Fanny packs - These days they’re calling them belt bags, but they’ll always be fanny packs to us. Fashionistas of all kinds love these practical pouches, which is why there are over 18,000 listings on Etsy for “belt bags.“
Source: Huffington Post