While these days the media is always trying to get out the message of people being confident in their own skin, that isn’t stopping a lot of people from wanting to change the way they look, and a lot are thinking about going under the knife to do so.
A new poll finds that 37% of adults are thinking about having some sort of cosmetic treatment in the next year, with 34% thinking about nonsurgical procedures, and 24% interested in surgical ones. And it’s not just older people who are looking to get some work done. In fact 49% of those under 45 are considering a procedure in the next year, while only 28% of those 45 and older are. As for genders, both men and women are equally interested (37% women, 38% men).
What specific treatments are most popular? When it comes to cosmetic dentistry (like Invisalign), whitening and veneers, is the non-surgical procedure most people are thinking about...while a tummy tuck is the most popular surgical procedure (32%).
Top Five Non-Surgical Procedures of Those Considering A Procedure
- Cosmetic dentistry (36%)
- Nonsurgical fat reduction (29%)
- Laser hair removal (27%)
- Facial skin treatments (26%)
- Facial / Lip Fillers (24%)
Top Five Surgical Procedures of Those Considering A Procedure
1. Tummy tuck (32%)2. Liposuction (26%)3. Eyelid surgery (21%)4. Chin or Neck lift (20%)5. Breast augmentation (16%)5. Facelift (16%)
As for why people are considering getting work done:
- 43% say it’s to improve self-esteem and feel confident
- 34% say it’s to make them look as good as they feel
- 32% say it’s to help with weight loss/fat removal
- 23% say it's to look younger