In the spirit of easy meal-planning, Uproxx has ranked the nine best frozen food items available at Trader Joe’s. Here what they think, on a scale of one to six pizzas:
- Mandarin orange chicken. Rating: 6 pizzas. You’ll to start stocking my freezer with bags of this stuff.
- Mozzarella Sticks. Rating: 5 pizzas. You’ll want to eat a bunch of these and then scream in your friends’ faces with garlic breath
- Gone bananas chocolate-covered frozen bananas. Rating: 5 pizzas. They’re perfect.
- Spanakopita. Rating: 4 pizzas. The only reason they don’t deserve 5 pizzas is because they’re flaky and messy.
- Mini chicken tacos. Rating: 3 pizzas. They need assistance from pico de gallo or sour cream and hot sauce.
- Mac ’n cheese. Rating: 3 pizzas. These come in individual serving size, which is a minus.
- Burrata, arugula and prosciutto flatbread. Rating: 2 pizzas. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice technical execution when it means you get to enjoy prosciutto.
- Tamales. Rating: 1 pizza. The texture is better in Goya tamales, and the filling is more harmonious.
- Coconut shrimp. Rating 1/2 a pizza. Not worth the time pre-heating the oven.