These days most of us are used to seeing tons of models and actresses in magazines trying to show us what it means to be beautiful, but if you ask women, beauty has very little to do with how someone looks.
A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, asked women to define what beauty means to them, and none of the traits on the list were physical. In fact, 80% of women say it’s more important for them to be thought of as “beautiful person” on the inside, as well as the outside. But even though folks put more emphasis on inner beauty, that doesn't mean they still aren't critical of themselves. In fact, only 60% of the women surveyed say they are comfortable in their own skin.
So, what are some true signs of “real beauty?” Well, kindness in how you treat and speak to others, and being honest, are among the top qualities of beauty, as are:
- Making others feel more comfortable
- Simply being happy
- Having the ability to laugh at yourself
- Being happy to be yourself in front of others
- Having the courage to stand up for others
- Don't judge others with different beliefs, religions, life choices
- Knowing when others need a shoulder to cry on
- Being prepared to admit you're wrong sometimes or made a mistake
- Asking others how they are feeling / getting on
- Actually quite liking yourself