Glamour has been celebrating Women of the Year for the past 29 years. They’ve just announced this year’s trailblazing winners who are working on the front lines to make a difference. The honorees for 2019 come from a range of professions, including an author, actors, an athlete and activists, and none of them are playing it safe - that’s how they get things done.
These are Glamour’s Women of the Year for 2019:
- Charlize Theron,“The Rebel” - The Oscar-winning actress who refuses to play it safe.
- Greta Thunberg, “The Revolutionary” - At 16, this climate activist is on a mission to save the planet and she’s not afraid to stand up for her beliefs or to call out world leaders.
- Ava DuVernay,“The Trailblazer” - This filmmaker is working to fight injustice.
- Megan Rapinoe, “The Champion” - She helped the U.S. Women’s National Soccer team win the World Cup by scoring six goals and she’s fighting for equal pay too.
- Yara Shahidi, “The New Voice” - The star of “Grown-ish” isn’t even old enough to legally order a beer, but she’s already the voice of her generation.
- Margaret Atwood,“The Oracle” - The author’s frightening literary predictions feel truer than ever and she’s Glamour’s 2019 Lifetime Achievement winner.
- Tory Burch,“The Visionary” - The woman behind the brand, this designer has been ruling fashion for the last 15 years.
- The Women of RAICES, “The Guardians” - The activists fromRAICES, the Refugee And Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, have been fighting for victims long before the border crisis made headlines.