It isn’t always easy finding time to do all your holiday shopping, but it seems a lot of folks have found a solution - shopping at work.
According to a new Robert Half poll...
- 52% of employees admit they are “workshoppers,” meaning they shop online at work using their office devices.
- Half of employees say they workshop between 30 and 60 minutes per week over the holidays
- 20% will do it more than an hour each week.
- 44% of workshoppers say it hinders their productivity at the office.
As for how office feels about it…
- 77% of tech leaders say their firm is okay with workshopping.
- 52% prefer employees not workshop at the office
- The top concerns of execs include security risks (59%) and loss of productivity (34%)
As for who is doing the most shopping at work..
- Workers in Miami, Los Angeles and Phoenix are most likely to workshop.
- Those in San Diego, Phoenix and Austin are most likely to feel it hinders their productivity.
- Men are more likely than women to workshop (58% vs. 48%).
- Working parents are more likely to workshop than those without children (62% vs. 39%)