Even for folks who love cooking, Thanksgiving can be stressful. There’s a lot that needs to happen in the kitchen to complete that turkey dinner and doing it all from scratch takes a lot of time and money. So why not give yourself a break this year and not cook everything yourself? Registered dietitianKara Lydonsuggests always buying these foods pre-made to save time on Turkey Day.
- Apple pie- Who has time for all that peeling, cutting, and prepping? Your local bakery has plenty of low-stress and crowd-pleasing pies to complete your holiday meal, so let them do the work.
- Cranberry sauce- With everything else you’re busy preparing for Thanksgiving, Lydon says don’t waste your time with this one since there are lots of canned and jarred varieties that are just as delicious as the homemade kind.
- Gravy- When the turkey finally comes out of the oven, do you really want to have to worry about collecting fat drippings to make gravy? Lydon suggests saving time and stress by using store-bought gravy instead.
- Rolls- Everyone loves dinner rolls warmed up in the oven, even if you didn’t bake them yourself.
- Salad- Some leafy greens are a great addition to your Thanksgiving plate and there’s nothing wrong with using bagged salad to make it.
Source:Well and Good