We all know that most Americans aren’t getting enough sleep, and according to a new report things don’t look like they’re improving at all.
A new survey finds:
- In 2019, the average American only got five and a half hours of sleep a night, which is down from six hours and 17 minutes the year before.
- The average American suffered through 105 terrible nights of sleep in 2019, up from 99 the year prior.
- The average American would be willing to shell out $316.61 for one perfect night of sleep, which is up from $290 in 2018.
Whether your sleep is good or bad, it seems most people have rituals they have to do before calling it a night. Among the most common:
- Read a book (42%)
- Watch a specific TV show/movie (42%)
- Take a vitamin/supplement (36%)
- Take a warm bath/shower (36%)
- Drink warm milk (36%)
- Meditate (36%)
- Have sex (29%)
But there are some people who do some strange things before they go to bed, and now they’re fessing up. Those odd bedtime rituals include:
- “I play a handheld Yahtzee game.”
- “I take off only my left sock.”
- “I play online bingo.”
- “I give my cat a treat.”
- “I clean the house.”
- “I take a cold bath.”
- “I drive my car around for a half hour to 45 minutes.”