We all know that exercise and moving is good for our health, but according to a new report, a lot of folks in the country just aren’t getting their butts off the couch.
A new report by the Centers of Disease Control finds:
- 15% of all adults in the U.S. are physically inactive.
- A sedentary lifestyle is one where folks exert no physical activity beyond basic movements.
- At least 30% of people in seven states and two U.S. territories are totally inactive. Those include
- Puerto Rico
- The South had the highest level of inactivity (28%), followed by the Northeast (25.6%), Midwest (25%) and the West (20.5%).
- As for the most active states, those would be Colorado, Washington, Utah and Oregon, and the District of Columbia, where between 15% and 20% of adults are physically inactive.