After a December filled with parties and holiday celebrations, January seems like a big let down, and for a lot of people, that results in a case of the “January Blues.”
A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 27% of people say they feel more miserable in January than any other time of the year.
- As for why they feel miserable, the top reasons include:
- Lack of money, after over spending (48%)
- The weather (40%)
- The dark nights (39%)
- Lack of daylight (37%)
- The magic of Christmas is over (32%)
- Going back to work (31%)
- Overindulging over the Christmas period (24%)
- Loneliness (21%)
- The pressure of new year’s resolutions (16%)
- Lack of a social life (12%)
And if folks already have the "January Blues," they may notice things getting even worse today. January 20this considered Blue Monday by some, and is thought of as the most depressing day of the year, based on factors like weather, finances and more.