There’s no doubt people put a lot of time and effort into getting their hair to look perfect each day, but sometimes no matter how hard they try it just isn’t going to happen. And apparently those bad hair days are happening a lot more than you’d think.
A new survey finds:
- Americans suffer 96 bad hair days a year.
- That translates to three months of bad hair days, or eight bad hair days per month.
And bad hair days hit some people really hard.
- 80% of people say they have opted to stay in rather than leave their house because they can’t get their hair to cooperate.
- 33% of people have actually called in sick because of their bad hair, with the average person calling in six five times.
- Half of those surveyed have canceled a date because of unruly locks.
- 38% have skipped a social function.
- 43% have missed a job interview because of their hair.
So, just how important is good hair?
- Well, 54% say a good hair day puts them in in a better mood than having sex or a great massage.
- 40% say they feel more confident on a good hair day, while 52% say it makes them smile more often.