Dating is rarely easy, and when you’ve been doing it a long time it’s hard to constantly come up with fun and exciting things to do. So, if you're looking for ideas, a new survey is here to help.
A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 45% of people want to explore something new or go somewhere different on a first date.
- For a lot of people, the perfect date involves outdoor activities, with a walk in the park or a botanical garden the top choice for a date.
- Other top date ideas include:
- The zoo
- A river or canal cruise
- A modern culture attraction (i.e. Empire State Building or Warner Bros studio tour)
- A historical attraction
- Amusement or water park
- Boat ride
- A castle or palace
- Art/Music museum
So, you’ve got the date ideas, now it’s time to make a good impression on that date.
- Tips for how to behave on that date include cracking three jokes, giving your partner at least two compliments, and buying them three drinks.
- Also, you should tell at least two funny anecdotes, and give them two hugs.
- Plus, never ask for a second date more than twice, be on time, be a good listener, and try to not talk about your ex.
- ONE MORE THING!If those dates go well and you wind up in love and ready to pop the question, picking the perfect spot is important. According to the poll, Central Park in New York is the top place to propose, followed by the Eiffel Tower and Niagara Falls.