There’s nothing as great as a romantic getaway with your boo, and it seems for a lot of folks, that romantic trip may have saved their relationship.
According to a study conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Apple Vacations
- 61% of Americans say they’ve gone on a vacation with their partner to try and reignite the romance.
- What’s more, 60% say the trip saved their relationship.
- As for why, 61% say it’s because there’s more romance on vacation than in their every day lives.
- Most folks say they experience more romantic vibes while on a getaway, and those include
- Going out for a fancy meal (57%)
- Getting all dressed up (53%)
- Giving compliments (37%)
- The survey notes that the average American and their partner will go on on three romantic getaways each year.
- Vacations can get so romantic that 51% have thought about proposing on their romantic getaway.
- 31% of people have actually eloped on a vacation with their partner.
But does the romance stick around once folks come back from vacation? Well, the survey notes it takes seven days before the romance starts to fizzle again.