Having secrets in a relationship is never a good thing, but it seems a lot of folks are keeping at least one thing from their partner – their bad eating habits.
According to a study conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Sabra
- 71% of Americans are making unhealthy food choices behind their partner’s back.
- 70% actually lie to their partner about their unhealthy eating habits.
- Another 55% have actually hidden food in their home from their partner.
- 64% say their relationship is not as healthy as it could be.
But even though people are secretive about their bad eating, many say their partner is actually beneficial in keeping them eating healthy.
- While 68% of people say their S.O. negatively influences their eating habits, another 75% believe they’ve helped their partner eat healthier overall.
- 49% say they trust their partner to motivate them to stick with their healthy eating.
- 77% of people say their partner has had a positive influence on their overall life and well-being.
- As for how, 62% say their partner has encouraged them to eat healthier, while 59% say they’ve gotten them to exercise more.