We all know parenting is hard, and while a lot of people may learn their parenting skills from how they were raised, plenty of people feel as though many of those rules of the past don’t apply anymore.
A new survey conducted for Osmo by OnePoll finds:
- 76% of parents believe they are better moms and dads than their parents were.
- 60% of parents think it’s more difficult parenting now than when they were children.
- When it comes to parenting their child, many parents say there are certain aspects of their childhood they would never adopt with their own kids. They include:
- Spanking/corporal punishment (46%)
- Strict bedtimes (41%)
- Can’t get up from dinner table until you’re finished (39%)
- Time spent alone (36%)
- ‘Go to your room’ (35%)
- Time outs (32%)
- Leave child home alone (31%)
- Grounding (30%)
So, what are the most challenging parts of parenting in the modern world?
- Well, technology is certainly a big issue, with 69% of parents saying they have screen time rules in place, although 71% say they wish they were stricter in that area.
- Other major parenting challenges include:
- Discipline (49%)
- Setting boundaries (43%)
- Education (39%)
- Scheduling (36%)
- Daily grind (32%)
- Work-life balance (30%)