If you check your pantry right now, chances are you have a few cans of food sitting on one of the shelves, and you’re in good company. Around 98% of Americans keep canned foods on hand, with an average of 24 cans in the kitchen. And 86% of parents say they use food from a can at least once a week.
But have you ever wondered what the most popular canned foods are in the U.S.? Now we know, thanks to a new report from 24/7 Tempo, which came up with their list based on the Canned Food Alliance’s report on canned food sales for 2018. Soup is the biggest category for canned foods we buy and tuna is the second biggest category and the product that comes in number one on this list.
These are the 10 top-selling canned foods in the U.S.
(Check out the full listhere)
10) Del Monte Green Bean Cuts - 55.3-million sold
9) Chef Boyardee Spaghetti & Meatballs - 60.8-million sold
8) Generic Whole Kernel Golden Sweet Corn - 61.3-million sold
7) Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup - 64.2-million sold
6) Campbell’s Tomato Soup - 65.6-million sold
5) Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies - 66.6-million sold
4) Campbell’s Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup - 74.6-million sold
3) Armour Vienna Sausage, Original - 75.5-million sold
2) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup - 78.8-million sold
1) StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water - 91.6-million sold
(P.S.- I'm a little surprised THIS stuff isn't on the list)