Are you obsessed with the first season of Love is Blind? Then check out Elite Daily's roundup of five behind-the-scenes facts from the bonkers Netflix reality show(https://www.elitedaily.com/p/5-behind-the-scenes-facts-about-love-is-blind-thatll-blow-your-mind-22586580):
- Filming only took place for two months. The entire process took place in eight weeks, with the couples in the pods for only 10 days. By the time they were allowed to talk to their families about their engagements, the couples had only known each other for about two weeks.
- There were no guidelines for what couples could ask each other in the pods. Producers took a chance here, but luckily for them none of the contestants tried to sabotage the show.
- The design of the pods was a major part of the show's initial pitch. The design of the show was all about facilitating a connection between the couples who couldn't see each other. If that didn't work, there would be no show. Show designer Paria Sadighi said, "The comforting and soothing colors of the pods were all by design to allow our participants the best chance to really focus on the voice on the other side of the wall. Even the acoustics of the pods were made to help the other senses relax into the octave of conversations."
- Contestants weren't exactly living a life of luxury."We slept in trailers and they were correctional facility beds," contestant Kenny said. "The design was to just strip us down from our comfort level."
- All of the couples already lived in Atlanta. All of the contestants actually lived in the Atlanta area, and were cast for that very reason. Show creator Chris Coelen said, “The reason that we did that was because we wanted to give these people a real shot at making their relationships work for the long term.”