Thanks to the spread of the coronavirus, a lot of people are going to be working from home for an extended period of time. And while that sounds great, there are steps folks need to take in order to be able to do that successfully.
So, what do you have to worry about if you’re going to be spending the next few weeks working from home? Well, were are some tips.
- Setup your home office– While working form home basically means you can work from anywhere inside your house, it would be smart to set a designated place for you to do your job. Try to pick an area with few distractions, and if possible try to recreate your in-office experience.
- Clean up your home office space– Since you may be making video calls with the office, make sure your space looks neat so others don’t think you’re a slob.
- Powering your home office– You’re going to probably have to plug in a lot of devices in order to work from home, so it’s smart to arm yourself with a dedicated power strip just for work. Look for one with eight to 12 power outlets so you never have to worry about running out of places to plug in.
- What you need for your phone– You’re going to be on your phone a lot, and if you want to be able to get other things done you may want to invest in a cellphone stand. Also invest in power cables that will charge your phone faster since you don’t want to be caught with a low battery.
- Printer– If you think your stint working from home is going to last a long time you may want to invest in a printer.