When it comes to dating, even the slightest thing can be a turnoff for some, and apparently for a lot of people one of those turnoffs is a messy car.
A new survey finds:
- 70% of folks think having a dirty car is a huge turnoff.
- 51% of people would actually end a date early if someone showed up with a messy car.
- 23% have ended a relationship because of a dirty vehicle.
This isn’t good news, because it seems a lot of folks don’t like to keep their car clean.
- In fact, 49% of people admit they have a messy car.
- 68% of those with messy cars are embarrassed to have other people in them.
- 45% say containing their car mess is overwhelming.
- 24% say they avoid cleaning their car because they know it will just get messy again.
- 41% don’t think it’s important to have a clean car, while 20% wouldn’t know where to begin the cleaning.
- And some people hate cleaning their car so much that they’d rather clean almost anything else, including:
- Dishes (36%)
- Dusty shelves (29%)
- Kitchen sink (27%)
- Toilet (24%)
- Bathtub (24%)