Most people enjoy watching streaming services in their homes these days, especially now, but it seems not everyone is paying for those services.
A new survey finds:
- 74% of streaming customers share their account with at least one person.
- 37% share their streaming service accounts with people they don’t live with, including:
- Family members (25%)
- Close friends/partners (10%)
- Acquaintances/strangers they do not live with (2%)
And it seems all of those people, whether they pay or not, are relying on streaming services now more than ever.
- 47% of subscribers say they’ve increased their streaming in the past 30 days.
- 36% say their streaming time has remained the same.
- Only 5% are watching less.
As for the most popular service, it’s no surprise to find out it’s Netflix.
- 75% of Americans pay for Netflix
- 56% pay for Amazon Prime
- 40% pay for Hulu.
As for why Netflix is the most popular, reasons include:
- It was the first.
- It offers the most original content.