Now that most states are starting to lift coronavirus stay-at-home orders, it seems a lot of folks are desperate to reconnect with family and friends.
A new survey finds:
- 47% of Americans say their first post-coronavirus trip will be to visit family.
- Another 14% say it will be to visit friends.
- Florida is the most popular destination folks plan to visit (13%), followed by
- California (12%)
- New York (8%)
- Texas (5%)
- New Jersey (4%)
But vacations are certainly on a lot of folks’ mind, with many already planning their first leisure trip.
- 17% have already started researching a potential destination.
- 14% are looking into flights
- 10% are looking into hotels.
- Overall, Americans expect to spend $737 on their next trip, although that number will go up to $1,000 for Gen Xers.
- 20% of folks plan to spend part of their stimulus check on travel.