APS has announced their guidelines for Summer activities starting on June 29th. There are for fall sports (Football, Soccer, Volleyball and Cross Country) along with Cheer, Dance, JR ROTC, and marching band.
Summer activities are for high school only. There will be no summer activity permitted at the middle school level. Summer activity may resume on Monday, June 29, and is limited to individual or small group workouts of a conditioning nature only.
For Coaches & Sponsors:
- Coaches and sponsors directing or participating in summer activity must take a COVID‐19 test and test negative 7 days prior to the beginning of activities.
- Only sponsors and coaches (head, paid assistant, volunteer) who are currently APS employees may participate in or direct summer activities.
- Coaches and sponsors must wear a mask at all times. They are responsible for providing their own face coverings.
- Daily screenings of coaches/sponsors are required. The district will provide each school with thermometers for screening purposes.
- All restrictions and limitations on participation, activity, and facility use shall be strictly adhered to and closely monitored by coaches/sponsors, school administration, school athletic director/athletic trainer, and activities director, as appropriate.
- Student participation in athletic activities and JROTC is limited to those who have been cleared for participation by the school athletic trainer with a current physical dated after April 1, 2020, or the completion of the NMAA 2020‐2021 Preparticipation Examination Waiver Form.
- Daily screenings of student‐athletes are required. The district will provide each school with thermometers for screening purposes. Students are required to let coaches/sponsors know of any symptoms or possible exposure to COVID‐19 during daily screenings.
- Students are responsible for providing their own face coverings, water, and personal equipment needed for participating in summer activities.
There are also further guidelines regarding daily cleaning and more. You can read the full guidelines by CLICKING HERE