It’s easy to feel down these days, which is why it shouldn’t be a surprise to find out that most people worry that people are lacking joy in their lives.
A new Comfort Keepers survey finds:
- 90% folks believe “the world needs more joy.”
- Another 80% believe the world isn't as joyful as it used to be.
- 85% insist finding joy is important now more than ever.
- 89% of people say surrounding yourself with positive people will help bring good energy.
- As for what things bring people joy, family dinners tops the list (61%), followed by:
- Time spent outside (60%)
- Watching a favorite TV or movie (58%)
- Receiving a hug from a friend or loved one (58%)
- Listening to favorite song (65%)
Of course the Covid-19 lockdown has had a big effect on the things that bring people joy.
- 50% of Americans 65 and over say the thing they’ve missed the most is the physical intimacy of hugs.
- 57% can’t wait to embrace a loved one.
- Other joyful things they are craving post-coronavirus include:
- Freedom (51%)
- Time with family (48%)
- A return to “regular” routines (40%)
- 87% say self-care has been an important way to bring a bit of joy into their daily isolation.
- 60% say talking to family helped bring them happiness as well.