Fitness centers have begun to reopen in states that have relaxed restrictions. There’s a safe way to ditch the Zoom fitness classes and return your favorite gym. (The Guardian)
A doctor offered this advice to working out safely in a pandemic:
- Bring two towels: One to wipe the equipment and one for your face.
- Carry disinfecting wipes, too. If you have some to spare.
- Exercise facing the wall or mirror.
- No heavy breathing around another person.
- Shorten your workout time, not a minute longer than necessary.
- Shower at home. Avoid the locker room altogether.
- Gym attire and towels go straight into the laundry.