The coronavirus effect …A newsurveyby Chapman University looked at how coronavirus is affecting Americans’ mental health, relationships and more.
The bad news: We’re more stressed and depressed, are eating more junk food, and are exercising less.
- 61% say they feel more stressed, 60% say they’re more anxious and 45% are more depressed.
- 37% say they’re eating more because they’re stressed, and 41% say they are eating more junk food, specifically.
- 35% admit they aren’t exercising as much as they did last year.
The good news: Our love lives are better. Couples are having more sex, cuddling and saying, "I love you" more, and arguing less.
- 64% say they’ve been spending more time with their partner.
- 31% say staying at home has made them want to have sex with their partner more.
- The average couple has snuggled four times and said, “I love you” six times just over the past week.
- 24% say they are arguing less ... but 25% say they are fighting more.