These days most of us spend a good portion of our day on our computers, but it seems not many of us are keeping our tech all that organized. A new survey conducted by OnePoll in conjunction withWestern Digital finds:
- The average American hasn’t organized their desktop in three years.
- Half of Americans would actually rather clean their entire house than spend an hour cleaning and organizing their devices.
- And it certainly sounds like most people need to take that time, with 62% of people saying their desktops are “very cluttered."
- So, why are folks so reluctant to organize their devices?
- 51% worry about losing photos and videos.
- 49% of people worry they’ll lose their passwords.
- 46% worry about deleting things they’ll need later.
- 36% like knowing where everything is right now.
- 31% say it’s time-consuming.
- 26% say it’s such a mess; there’s no hope for it.
But it sounds like folks really need to take the time to focus on cleaning up their computers.
- 71% of those polled say having a messy desktop stresses them out.
- 67% actually have files stored on their devices that they’ve totally forgotten about.