The right music can put anyone in a good mood, and according to a new survey, folks have been leaning on their tunes to help them get through the coronavirus quarantine.
The survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Ultimate Ears finds:
- 79% of Americans credit music with helping them stay connected while social distancing.
- Hip-Hop is the genre that lifted people’s spirits the most (50%) followed by:
- Rock (47%)
- Pop (45%)
- Country (42%)
- Dance/electronic music (31%)
- When it comes to dancing, 75% of Americans say dance parties and karaoke sessions have helped boost their mood during lockdown.
- 38% have actually thrown virtual dance parties with friends.
- As for the songs that are the most popular on folks’ virtual party playlists, while some current hits likeHarry Styles’ “Adore You,” andDua Lipa’s“Don’t Start Now” made the list, the most popular songs aren’t quite as current.
- The top five tunes include (click herefor the complete Top 40):
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” - Whitney Houston
- “Bille Jean” - Michael Jackson
- “Stayin’ Alive” - The Bee Gees
- “Uptown Funk” – Mark Ronson/ Bruno Mars
- “Dancing Queen” - ABBA