While everyone would like to think they are a trustworthy person, that’s certainly not always the case. So, whatdoesmake someone trustworthy? Well, a new survey attempted to find out.
The poll finds:
- 85% of adults believe they are trustworthy.
- But that can’t always be true, considering most folks say that since becoming an adult they’ve had their trust broken an average of 14 times.
- For this reason, more than half of adults find it difficult to trust other people.
- Plus, 70% say once their trust is broken it can’t be restored.
- On a more positive note, 25% say that current events have motivated them to be more forgiving of those who broke their trust.
- Plus, 10% say they’ve become more trusting this year.
- One thing most people can agree on (90%), is that someone must earn their trust.
- Healthcare works like doctors and nurses are considered the most trustworthy, followed by fire and rescue workers, and dentists.
So, what are the top signs of a trustworthy person? The top ten characteristics include (click here for the complete list):
- They are reliable
- They aren’t manipulative
- They don’t share things said in confidence with others
- They are consistent in their behavior
- They have integrity
- Their words and behavior match up
- They haven’t broken your trust before
- They respect boundaries
- They listen to you
- You know them very well