Whether you like to do laundry or not, we all know there are some clothes that can’t be worn more than once, and others where you can get away with a few wearings before throwing it in the bin. Well, now some new guidelines are out regarding how often people should wash certain items and it’s causing some major debate online.
A recent post on the Organize My Home UK Facebook page reveals the washing recommendations from a company called Which? and it’s left folks pretty perplexed.
Among the recommendations
- Underwear, workout gear and swimsuits need to be washed after one use.
- T-shirts can go one to two wears before washing, and dresses one to three.
- It recommends bras get washed after two to three wearings, while sweatshirts can be worn five to six times, skirts five to seven and jeans six to ten.
But the one recommendation that seems to have caused the most controversy, is the suggestion that pajamas can be worn three to four times before they need to be washed. The Internet is not down with that at all, with most commenters insisting they need to be washed after only one use.
- “PJs fresh set every night!,” one person commented, while another added, “Pjs are like underwear, why would you not wash them every day?”
- And while one mom says she washes everything everyday due to the pandemic, another thinks folks shouldn’t be doing so much laundry to save water.
- “If I’m honest I wash if it’s dirty or smells” one noted, adding, “There’s no need to wash after one wear unless it’s underwear. Save the planet people.”