It’s no secret that dating isn’t easy, and it turns out most people today think it’s harder than ever.
A new Pew Research poll finds:
- 47% of Americans say dating is harder today than it was 10 years ago.
- Only 19% say it’s actually easier, and 33% say it’s about the same.
- Of the 15% of adults who say they are single and looking, most admit they are dissatisfied with their dating lives and find it difficult to find someone to date.
- As for what makes dating so difficult, the most common reasons include:
- The challenge of finding someone who is looking for the same type of relationship (53%)
- Difficulty in approaching people (46%)
- Trouble finding someone who meets their expectations (43%)
- Overall, the poll finds that 50% of adults are actually not dating at all right now.
- 61% of men are actually more likely to be looking for a relationship or casual dates than women (38%)
- As for why folks aren’t dating, reasons include having more important priorities right now and enjoying single life.