Hobbies aren’t just something fun to do in your spare time. They enhance your life, keep you learning, challenge you, expand your social circle and, in some cases, can add years to your life. A new study found that spending two hours a day on hobbies makes you 21% less likely to die early.
According to the science, having these hobbies could help you live longer:
- Gardening: Many of the longest living people in the world share this hobby.
- Cooking: When you make your own meals, you’re much more likely to eat healthier.
- Reading: It’s a great stress reliever and a way to keep your brain sharp and active.
- Walking and exercise: Just 15 minutes of walking a day can improve your health considerably.
- Volunteering: As long as you are doing it because you want to make a difference, volunteering can improve the quality and length of your life. (Daily Motion)