Already tired of trying to help your kid with distance learning at home? Some hotels are banking on that and they’re hoping families will come stay with them for a “schoolcation.” Resorts in the U.S. and Mexico are enticing parents with kids who are doing remote learning to come and relax while their staff assists youngsters with their e-learning activities.
- At the Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita in Mexico, their schoolcations offer 24/7 tech support for all your distance learning electronic devices, a poolside “Screen Doctor” to clean your laptops and iPads, study buddy nannies to sit in on kids’ classes and supervise, and even poolside study cabanas with Wi-Fi, chargers, headphones and snacks for kiddos.
- And here in the states, Great Wolf Lodge’s Howl ‘N Learn package lets kids attend Wiley’s Schoolhouse - a special spot for e-learning with staff on-hand to provide support, as well as “recess” breaks, like physically distanced yoga or craft projects.
- The Poconos Shawnee Inn also offers “monitored learning” with nature hikes, arts & crafts, P.E. and “safe socialization” for kids.
- At the Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, California, they’re luring families in with their “Edu-Cations” package that comes with an extra day use room for a study space and online homework help from Princeton Review tutors, along with outdoor activities when kids finish up distance learning for the day.
- In Georgia, the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee has a Study Buddy program that gives kids dedicated tutors to help with their virtual schedule and offers creative educational experiences, like fishing, crafting, and “P.E.” class on nature trails.
Source:Good Morning America